Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I wuv Maxtor..or all a mistake?

• 14-08-2003 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭

Well maybe i shouldn't post this here but it seems as good a place as any. Basically im looking for a second opinion.

Recently had to RMA my maxtor 80gig hard drive, i used the Advance option so they sent me a replacement before i return the faulty one. They sent me a 160gig hard drive as a replacement. Im assuming this wasnt a mistake and they just didn't have my model in stock...or has this happened to people before and they got burned?

if its not a mistake im over the moon, 200% the capacity and all it took was for 2 months of pain getting the RMA stuff sorted during which my pc's been at a crawl...kinda.

Should i mail em and confirm it wasnt a mistake?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I wouldnt. The RMA guys will recieve your unit, test it as faulty and flag the RMA as complete in the system. While its quite likely they did indeed intend to upgrade you (for stock reasons) why confuse the matter and rock the boat?

I used the Advance RMA function twice (never upgrade tho, but they were much more expensive drives!), its very handy.

Matt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Alright thanks Matt, ill just keep quiet :)

Advertisement