Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serial printer cable

• 14-08-2003 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

Just got me a Shuttle and it never occurred to me that it has no printer port. Shuttle list a serial printer cable in their accessories list but I'm wondering is this a fairly standard cable?

Would this one do me?

Due to lack of space around my desk my printer only comes down off the shelf once in a blue moon when I really need something down on paper. Now that I have so much more desk space I might actually start using it a bit again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

milltown..
    usb printing has huge benefits over the old parallel/serial method..

ya that cable would do the trick though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I have no doubt it does when you have a usb printer :)
    Thanks, I'll order the cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

you can add a paralell port to most shuttles, check shuttle.com or any place that sels the accecories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Thanks Strat. For the amount of use it gets I think the €10 cable will be the best option for me.

Advertisement