Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need insurance asap

Options
  • 15-08-2003 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

hi i just baught a fiesta 1L for 1000 yoyos mainly for work and now looking to get insured, im 21 hold a provisional licence where if any insurance company would insure me and what kind of crazy prices would i be looking at.

Can i get insured under my brother if he was main driver on it, he has 10 years full licence or would it matter, i need to get insured as fast as i can hopefully i dont have to pay more than 3000 yoyos

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭skipn_easy

I'd suggest you ring around a couple of insurance companies and ask them for quotes based on just you on the insurance and with your brother as main driver - then you can will be able to choose the cheapest and most suitable for you. I've heard a crazy story of a friend with a full licence whose insurance actually got cheaper when he put a provisional licence holder on the insurance with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

take a look at www.123.ie
    and
    insure.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

Do the Hibernian Ignition test, you should get a quote for about €1500 if you pass it,
    which most people seam to do. You should be able to get all the info you need about
    it from their website or give you local insurance broker a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Give Quinn Direct a ring, they'll insure you on the spot and you've 10 days to send off a deposit (about 25% of the insurance) then you pay the rest over 10 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by padraigmyers
    Do the Hibernian Ignition test, you should get a quote for about €1500 if you pass it,
    Can't do ignition until you've passed the test. Which brings me to my sole piece of advice: go and pass the test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Can't do ignition until you've passed the test. Which brings me to my sole piece of advice: go and pass the test

That will take 6 - 8 months

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

If you get a letter from where you work you can get it much sooner than that, if you
    get a letter stating that you need your car for work and thus need your full licence
    you will be able to get put to the top of the cancellation list, I did this and got my
    test 10 days after applying, then failed it, and got another 6 days later which I
    passed.

Thats probably the best piece of advice, pass the test, then go straight out and get
    the ignition test because after passing the driving test you should be in that "look in
    the mirror every five seconds" mode and should pass it easily too.

Advertisement