Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media Player - help

Options
  • 15-08-2003 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know how to rotate a video clip with Media Player?

I took some video images using a digital camera but used the camera vertically instead of horizontally. The clips downloaded ok but when they play it's awkward as they play at an angle. Is there any way I can rotate them in the same way that you can rotate a jpeg file?

Thanks

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

in classic media player
    u load the media
    and click file properties..
    advanced tab

and double click the video stream decoder

and in there some codecs allow u to change that option

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

A mate of mine got me to do something similar with one of his clips a while back. I took it into Adobe Premiere, rotated it and recombined the audio afterwards.

Waste of time. Quicktime Pro does the same thing in a far neater fashion. That's assuming you want a copy of it rotated properly forever obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Adobe After Effects.
    You can't rotate in Premiere.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by herbie747
    Adobe After Effects.
    You can't rotate in Premiere.
    Premiere 5.0 rendered up to 358 degrees of rotation. 90 degrees is less than 358. You couldn't rotate and zoom at the same time properly so this was seen as a problem.

Premiere 6.x included 25 after effects filters for free so that you could fully rotate and zoom at the same time.

Hence you can rotate video in Premiere by just using stuff that comes on the Premiere disc.

Advertisement