Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results day closure. It's now scary.

Options
  • 15-08-2003 3:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Well, I got my results. I got way more than enough points for my course, so I'm happy with that. I was completely expecting to have to be repeating. I never thought that I'd do so much better than I thought I was gonna do.

The morning of August 13th, results day, at my school was a totally electric feeling. It took me over half an hour to build up the courage to open the envelope, and it wasnt until I got a moment to myself that I finally felt brave enough to open it.

I looked at my results, and as I saw that I didn't do too badly in any of my subjects, my brain wouldn't function well enough to actually work out the amount of points I got. I leapt down of the wall i was sitting on, gave two of my friends who were a few metres away a quick glance and a smile, waved, and ran back into the library to add up my points. My heart raced.

I walked over to my principal, and told her what was happening. She took my results from me, picked up a pen, calculator, and sheet of paper, and walked me over to a desk, where she proceeded to count up my points for me. As she read out each of the 6 results, and wrote down the points, I quickly began to realise that I had gotten more than enough points. I couldn't believe it.

"Is that okay?", she (my principal) asked me when she informed me of the amount of points I received.

"That's more than enough", I replied, just able to keep myself from dropping to the floor in shock. I was shaking.

I took a few seconds to think, looked at my prinicipal and the other teachers in the room (all of whom were all smiles at this stage), and said "I'll be back".

With that I ran out of the library, back out to my friends to inform them of my news. I never, however, went "back".

Our teachers were supposed to show up to see how we had gotten on, but none of the teachers did. By 11.30am, all students had left. Everyone was gone, except for me and a few of my friends. And we wanted to talk to our teachers. I liked my teachers. I wanted them to know things. But they never showed up, so we went home.

It has all come to an end, but there hasnt been enough "closure".

Our graduation was cancelled due to messing that went on the last week by the 6th years, and now it's all ended completely without such as a word to my teachers of things I want to talk to them about, or at least say goodbye properly. Not just the teachers, but the school staff. I don't know about the rest of you, but nearly everyone in my year really liked our teachers. Everyone had good relationships with most of them, and not getting closure with them just feels bad. Not getting to share the results of working with them for the past two years, not getting to talk to them about the results, just doesn't feel right.

And now we're being catapulted into something completely new and different: college, work, or repeating 6th year(something not so different), and to be honest, it's scary.

I just wan2 know how you're all feeling now that it's all really finally come to an end. I don't mean like "I'm just happy it's all f*cking finally over!". I mean, seriously, how do you REALLY feel?

I've got a constant sickening feeling of butterflies in my stomach ever since Wednesday.

Personally, it's all a bit freaky at the moment.

So how are you all feeling now?

Oh yeah, and what did you all do on Wednesday night??

C YE :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

yeah, none of my teachers were there when i got my results,but some of my friends said they were there when they picked up theirs earlier on. I got ongr8 with a few teachers and would have liked to have spoken to em but tehre were a few more i absolutely loathed :) I've got them aul butterfiles as well, dawn of a new era etc etc and i dont think its still sunk in that i wont b goin back to secondary school come september and that college is only a short while away. On wedensday all the leavin certs from my year headeed to the hotel in my village and it was a deadly night. Got home at an early 3am tho cos i had a busy day the next day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

well on wednesday i went in got my envelope, busted it open as quick as i could, then spent a minute rooting among the wad of paper in the envelope trying to locate my results.

I took one look and saw no E's so i was happy, then my principal said a nice 200 points to start with there!
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? another look at the little green slip and i noticed two A1's, i couldnt believe it!

i needed 375 points and ended up getting 455, it still hasnt hit me!

Advertisement