Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOOM 3 Multiplayer Impressions

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Originally posted by bloggs
    Sorry if it was asked before, but does anyone have a release date for Doom3?
    Earlier next year is all that is being said.
    Cons Small 15' screen, not the gaming feel you get from tv
    Almost all decent video cards nowadays have TV-Out. I play my pc games on a 32" TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Exactly. Remember all the hype about Rise of the Robots and Enter the Matrix and how great they were when they came out.

Are you comparing Rise of the Robots to Doom III? Seriously?

As for Enter the Matrix I had never any doubts it'd be a poor game, hence I just ignored the countless articles bleating about how it looked omg teh l33t!1 and wasted pages going on about every bloody aspect. *cough PC Gamer cough.* It clearly wasn't going to be a good game like!

I'll buy Doom III (assuming the reviews are impressive) for the single player only really....I'll likely dabble in the multiplayer but unless it's more slow paced than Quake III and the like I doubt it'll keep my interest for more than a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Mslug

lest you forget quake is multiplayer but i dont really playit.
    the only reason the dooms had mp cuz there was no quake.
    there wont be mods for doom because there probably just going to make it easier to mod for quake4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Did you just think that up all by yourself, OF COURSE DOOM III WILL HAVE MODS.
    They have editors built into the game for god sake.
    Expect an OSP style mod within weeks if not days of release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Retr0Gaymer

Are you comparing Rise of the Robots to Doom III? Seriously?

Im sorry mark, im just a complete Idiot.

Im going back to my box...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah you do that.

I'm looking forward to the co-op more than the MP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Originally posted by bloggs
    PC - Pros Downloads

The xbox can have downloadable content. Granted not mods unless the developers release them.

Valve has also stated that they are considering letting players design their own levels and send them in. Valve will then change the script to match Xbox, and make them available for download. If any of you have played CS for the PC you know some of the best maps are user created, and it seems that Valve has also realized this. This feature hasn’t been confirmed, but Valve reps have been quoted as saying that they are highly considering it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Yeah, but you get a mouse and keyboard for the PC. I hope I'm not helping this degenerate into a PC vs console argument.

Advertisement