Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New software update on NTL Digital (v5.36)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Yeah, I have v5.35 too on the silver box Pace Di-300-N. No amount of unplugging and plugging back in has resulted in the upgrade.

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 c96bf0cc

Since NTL's upgrade on my box in Dublin 5 all my box says is 'Pat' on the display. 10 days only analogue tv!!!! I have called NTL numerous times. They were due last Saturday morning...didnt show.... They were due Wednesday evening..turned up hours before they were supposed to...They were due Thursday evening...didnt show. Now they are coming tomorrow morning, as I am with the priority team at this stage. Am I the only one this has happened to???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭daramullally

Something similar happened me. I rebooted the STB in order to get it to update but it got stuck on 'pat' for ages so I had to reboot it a few times before it went through the upgrade sequence. Its been fine since.

I assume that you have tried to reboot?

Rebooted loads of times. All that happens is a msg on the screen saying my box is being updated and then it hust says pat on the display and an error has occured comes up on the screen for a minute!

Im missing loads of games and spending a fortune down the pub defeating the whole purpose of haveing it!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

What model box do you have, the DI4010, DI4001 or the DI300 (silver) ??

• Advertisement

Judging from pictures on digital spy its the DI4001. They are replacing it tomorrow (If they turn up). Is the silver one better?

Originally posted by c96bf0cc
    Judging from pictures on digital spy its the DI4001. They are replacing it tomorrow (If they turn up).

The DI4001 & DI4010 look exactly the same. (Model type is on the underneath of the box.)

I was just wandering what box you have because all the DI4001 seemed to get the update about 2 weeks ago & none of the DI4010 boxes have been updated yet.
    Originally posted by c96bf0cc
    Is the silver one better?

No, it is a downgraded version of the grey boxes (look back at some old threads for more info)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

I just got NTL digital the other day. Its only v5.35 though. Whats going on? How do i get v3.56?

Hmmm i hate being a noob.:rolleyes:

Can I take it you have the silver box ??

Ye and its model No di-300 n or something.

• Advertisement

None of the silver STB's have been updated yet, only the DI4001 has been updated so far. It seems the different models of boxes need seperate updates.
    There's very little difference between them anyway. Ye'll probably get it soon anyway.

Does it happen itself? I mean i dont have it plugged into the phone line, didnt see the point.

Also sorry to go off topic, but what exactly is the "Interactive" button? I can never seem to get it. Also i can't get player cam either unless i get sky isn't that right?

Thanks!

Originally posted by UbahOne
    Does it happen itself? I mean i dont have it plugged into the phone line, didnt see the point.

You shouldn't have it plugged into the phone line at all, it doesn't do anything. For it to update you should reboot the STB. (ie. plug it out for at least a minute put it back in & it should happen automatically.)
    Also sorry to go off topic, but what exactly is the "Interactive" button? I can never seem to get it. Also i can't get player cam either unless i get sky isn't that right?

What remote control do you have, the silver one or the blue (shark) one ?

There are no interactive features currently availabe on ntl. (see the Sky Sports Xtra thread)

Whats the STB? I assume its the silver box right? or is it the card?

And I have the small silver controller. Its a pretty neat controller actually.

Thanks for the info so far!

Whats the STB? I assume its the silver box right? or is it the card?

And I have the small silver controller. Its a pretty neat controller actually.

Thanks for the info so far!

STB = Set Top Box

As far as I Know there's no interactive button on that remote. On the blue one there are interactive, e-mail & internet buttons, but they do nothing at the moment.

oh its on it alright. Down the bottom.

How come some get one controller and some get another? How come its not standard and the same throughout?

oh its on it alright. Down the bottom.

How come some get one controller and some get another? How come its not standard and the same throughout?

The blue "shark" remote was the only remote available & it works on all ntl pace STB's.
    The small silver remote is only available since they introduced the silver box & it only works on the silver box.

Oh right. Strange way of operating things! :rolleyes:

The silver box is only a cut down version of the grey boxes. It has less ram, no cable modem etc. It was just introduced to save NTL / Pace money.

Thats why they were offering it for half price? Do you think i should ask for the other kind or does it make no difference?

• Advertisement

There's no point really you won't notice too much of a difference.
    Also, does it have only one scart connection or two ? I cant remember.

See this thread for more info on it.

cool thanks. Ye my one is there alright. Not the first one...but the one in the big photo with the guys projector.

Suppose no point in me fretting if there no difference really.

Can you get subtitles to work with that box by using teletext on your tv on any of the channels ??

Ye i did when i was first testing it out. Fecken hate them so didnt keep them on long or remember what channel it worked with. Ill try later.

Really, are you sure thats by using 888 on teletext, or is that using digital subtitles using the ntl remote?

It says were supposed to but most everyone I know can only get digital subtitles to work.

No that was using digital remote. I didnt bother with the 888 thing. Completely forgot about it until now...:rolleyes:

I thaught it was orite.

Hope this helped ye.

Advertisement