Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have no fone line,want dsl..do i have

Options
  • 15-08-2003 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

to pay line rental on a phone line?
    I just want DSL?
    I read that eircom still do the phone line install,
    if i go with netsource for the dsl, do i still have to pay eircom for the line rental?
    not interested in having the voice part of the phone line...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Yes, you still have to pay line rental.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

If you went for wireless broadband (if it's available to you, of course), you would not need a 'phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

You could get the esat unbundled business option. It's more expensive at €109 per month for 512/256 but supposed to be very good.

You may still have to get eircom to wire you up if there's no connection at your place already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Cauhtemoc, you'd still ned a phone line for that and therefore pay rental..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭query

If the line is fully unbundled through Esat, you don't pay line rental to eircom. Rather Esat BT pay it at a wholesale rate to eircom as part of the LLU charge. If its a shared unbundled line, or a bitstream line then line rental is still payable to eircom

• Advertisement
Advertisement