Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ports Filled?

Options
  • 15-08-2003 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hi,

Just rang Eircom, and was told my exchange was enabled (As gombin said), I was over the moon, however she couldn't check my line coz

All the ports are filled??

Could anyone explain why this is so (is it just not launched yet?)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

G

What exchange are you on, and I'll see what the craic is.

Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 griffzino

Gombin,

I'm on the Clonakilty exchange.

BB in West Cork (long time waiting!)

I'd appreciate any info

Rgds

Griff

Griff,

Checked that one out. The techs for the area are trained up so it should be pretty soon now that you can order (I would reckon within the next 10 days). The problem is that, although the exchange is done, it hasn't actually been launched for commercial order-taking. Needless to say, as soon as it's ready to roll, you'll be the first to know.

Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 griffzino

Thanks for the help Gombin

10 days ain't that bad after so..... long.

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

could you find out about my exchange cos i got the same excuse. i am on the clondalkin exchange in dublin

• Advertisement

Vishal

There aint any problem with Clondalkin exchange; it's been upgraded for about the last 2years. If it's the Newlands X one that you mean, I'm told it's due for the Autumn.

Regards.
    Originally posted by vishal
    could you find out about my exchange cos i got the same excuse. i am on the clondalkin exchange in dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

All the ports are filled??

could this not mean that they;ve already got 48 customers into their first pipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

i am not on newlands cos my phone no. is 459****. the post by Mutant_Fruit seems plausible to me but i am no expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Mutant_Fruit
    could this not mean that they;ve already got 48 customers into their first pipe?
    God knows-hard to know how the system reports back-
    ie could be
    Exchange available-0 activated ports on exchange- 0 ports Filled-
    which leaves all ports filled..

Advertisement