Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

final question

Options
  • 15-08-2003 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

k, i've decided to go with netsource, but what's the difference between, SOHO, and sme? is it contention ratio?

is self install hard? how to do it? what do they provide me with? does it come with a manual?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

SOHO is RADSL, up to 512k depending on your distance from exchange, 48:1 contention

SME is ADSL, 512k regardless of distance, 24:1 contention

and the self install is ridiculously esay. You plug your phone line into one of the microfilters that they send you. All there is too it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

thanks MrPinK! i'm going with SME and Self-Install

hey wh? no self install for SME !?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Businesses usually like to have professionals do it as theres usually more work to be done. If anything goes wrong its usually fixed straight away. Businesses can afford that little extra.

Stil i guess they should have a self install option for businesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭jimmeh

If your outside the greater dublin area it will have to be a self install for what ever package you get from netsource as they have no engineers outside dublin.

• Advertisement

do you guys having RADSL get constant 51.2kb/s ? cause i dunno, maybe i'm paying extra 50euros for SME per month for nothing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

My d/l speed is usually 53.7Kb/s. The odd time it's as high as 55Kb/s, 90% of the time it's bang on 53.7Kb/s. If you were on ADSL you should be getting a bit under 64Kb/s all of the time.

You can upgrade your package whenever you want. Any company is more than happy to take more money from you every month. You shouldn't have to pay a second installation charge, but you should ask them and get it in writing just in case.

i just rang them, they told me that it'd take a very long time to upgrade and stuff, so... SME it is!

Advertisement