Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Field Service / Sys Admin Required

• 15-08-2003 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

Galway software Company requires dynamic and commercially aware experienced engineer to provide high quality technical service to customers, and in-house.

Ideally from a senior field service or hardware/software technical support role. Candidates must have experience of operating systems, hardware and a range of peripherals. Knowledge of networks and related server applications, communications/internet technologies required.

mail CV's to jobs@infoscience.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Do you have anymore info? Do you work for infoscience?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Yeah, it would be nice to know what operating systems and hardware this person is expected to support. I think everyone has the "experience" required by that vague ad. It would cut down on the amount of irrelevant cv's you get as well, if you specify the job better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I sent through my cv for the job last week. I got an email yesterday saying dear applicant thanks for your application but we have filled the role. I thought oh well at least they let me know.... until I looked at the distribution list and aw they had sent the email to ALL unsucessful applicants so I could see who had applied for the job. I knew of 3 applicants from my old employer. Surley this is a GROSS waving of all the applicants confidentiality. What if my boss had been on the list?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Originally posted by daveg
    I sent through my cv for the job last week. I got an email yesterday saying dear applicant thanks for your application but we have filled the role. I thought oh well at least they let me know.... until I looked at the distribution list and aw they had sent the email to ALL unsucessful applicants so I could see who had applied for the job. I knew of 3 applicants from my old employer. Surley this is a GROSS waving of all the applicants confidentiality. What if my boss had been on the list?

That's a crappy thing to happen. Any rejection mails I've got (there's been plenty!) have had the recipients BCC'd.

Advertisement