Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science Crisis?

Options
  • 15-08-2003 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

I keep hearing about how the number of people applying for science and science related courses have dropped so much over the last few years and supposedly has gotten worse this year?

Does anybody know if this'll have any sort of impact on the points for science subjects?

On another related note(couldn't be arsed to open another thread) what do the college people regard as more important when looking for people to fill places, points or subjects requirements? See I got all the required subject grades for my No.1 course(surpassed all but one). But my problem is that I didnt get eough points becasue I did 3 ordinary level subjects recieving only mediocre grades in them. Should I take my head out of the clouds and just forget about getting option No.1? Or is there much chance I'll get it with it being 30 points ahead of what i have(well thats going by last years points anyway)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

Actually there has in an increase in applicants to science courses so it could push points up a bit.

Well the offers arent out yet so there is no point in ruling out your first choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 RockViper

But I read in, I think it was the Irish Times or maybe the Independant, that 1500 less people had applied for science courses this year?

Advertisement