Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need utilities to monitor about open connections

Options
  • 15-08-2003 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

i work with asp and access db
    i want to see number of open connection(db) on the iis

anyone have a utilities for this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Surely that would be a trivial operation? Increment a counter every time you open a connection, and decrement it when you close.....then at any given time you can just check the value of the counter.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 yuval

If i have one site that belong to me ....
    but i have more then 10 sites that pepole wrote
    i want to test them, not to debug them code !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

Maybe you could monitor the port instead of MS Access DB?

All those ASP pages must connect to you MS Access DB through some port. Ideally you could get a port monitor program to see how many program are connecting to that port. In turn you would know how many open connection to access db.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Assuming the server-side ASP code is connecting to an Access DB on one of the normal methods, I doubt that it uses a port at all.

Another option to consider would be to look for something which can parse the .ldb file.

jc

Advertisement