Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First impressions

Options
  • 15-08-2003 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

During the last few days some of us talked about what our first impressions of each other were and what we thought after getting to know each other. So what was everyones first impressions of people, CTYI, the RAs etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

I think the number of people on my "to kill" list went up exponentially. In general, I can't think of that many people whom I liked at first. Maybe Siobhán. Yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

nice thread, kate.

i thought elaine's eyes were really pretty. and that she was cool cuz she was the only vegetarian. go elaine!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Squeee

Aine was a vegetation too. I liked hannah (liz's friend) from the start she was great. MY first impressions were soooo wrong about some people it's ridiculous. Some people (no names) I used to think were so cool, now I can't stand their falseness and desperation for people to like them (Aine knows who). All in all, my first impressions are almost always wrong. So I just assume everyone's awful until I can sort them out. It works so much better than assuming most people are nice. It's also a more accurate assumption.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Some of my first impressions were wrong, some were scarily accurate. Some people I thought were great at first, I disliked afterwards. Others I didn't think much of at first, I really liked afterwards. I won't name names, too many people to mention. And then there were those who I always liked or always disliked. Oh, and Garóg, you're on my to-kill list too :p But your name can be erased in return for a ticket to Lisdoonvarna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

i was a vegetation, too. and people used me for my card.
    aw, i liked you too, Aoife, from the moment you walked into the room and liz squealed AOIFE!!!!!!
    I liked a lot of people, although i have a heinous habit of assuming i won't like people before i get to know them and often end up liking them.
    too many lovely people to name.
    sigh.

• Advertisement

Aww.....I'm the opposite. I always assume I'll like certain people and then you talk to them you realise what assholes they really are. Unfortunetly it often takes me quite a while to see through false users. Still I liked most of the people I met there from the start and was mostly right to.

Originally posted by Squeee now I can't stand their falseness and desperation for people to like them

jeez, am i THAT bad? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

my first impressions of people were odd. but the worst thing was that i didnt get to check them because i got to know hardly anybody.. i was really hold up in myself this session

Originally posted by mentalimplosion
    jeez, am i THAT bad? :confused:
    Wait, I never even said whether it was someone from ctyi! Believe it or not, I don't only live for 3 weeks each year <GASP>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Twinkle

Aww Ana, youre so sweet!! I wasnt really a vegematarian.tho. I just needed good food. Ssshhh. Dont let anyone know. Anyway,I thought Kate was really nice, but really quiet as well. She was the first student I talked to. I actually thought that you and Aisling were American,coz for some strange reason, I think the Dublin accent that ye have sometimes sounds like an American one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 theymademedoit

mine were mostly accurarate except i didnt think id get on as well with some people as i did.:) :)

namedly me, maybe? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

Marc, was I one of those people? i remember the first time i talked to you and i was sooooo quiet and shy, well more quiet and shy then usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

I can't say my first impressions in case people hate me for them. Well, I'll do it anyway.

I thought most of you were cynical hippies and some of you regular hippies. Garog was queen of the cynical ones.

Advertisement