Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repeating single subject

Options
  • 16-08-2003 4:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

anyone know the procedure on how to repeat a single subject (higher maths) next year? got a D1 which isn't a fail and i am very happy with it actually. however i'm taking a (voluntary) year off and i know i can do a hell of a lot better. i've got decent enough points, however for a few courses i'm interested in i need a better grade in maths. :p
    can anyone help? (besides ringing state examinations commision, phone calls there appear to be less effective than trying to chew your way through a steel door)
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Well, just a word of advice, if you are going to repeat, GET IT RECHECKED!!!!!
    It might go up, you never know!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You can do an evening course for it:)
    check it with ur local vec,or maybe www.nightcourses.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Is it still possible to use grades from different years?

I thought they got rid of that.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

If you get the right amount of points but fail a required subject you can repeat only that subject and use your original points. When calculating points one can only count one sitting of the Leaving Cert, but when getting the minimum requirements you can use any year.

Advertisement