Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Confusement

• 16-08-2003 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

I have 4 USB ports on the rear of the machine and 2 at the front, most are in use except 3 of them, they are all USB 2.0 ports, however an Iomega External drive USB 2.0 is causing problems. Everytime i plug in the USB modem (USB 1.1) it just turns off the modem and i have to restart. When the External HD is plugged out it works fine, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

i have experienced problems running a usb 1.1 modem on usb2.0 ports (it was an adsl modem infact)..

drivers wouldnt install unless it was connected to one of my usb1.1 ports

pure wierdness..
    you got an 1.1 ports to try?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

no usb 1.1 ports only 2 on an older machine.may try a bios update or something maybe fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Try sourcing an old USB add on card, a PCI one or somthing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

there know to reall y slow down pc though :/ unless u have a nice powerfull pc... not overly powerfull now or anything..

Advertisement