Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Request

Options
  • 16-08-2003 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

Forum Name: NetHouse
    Aim: Area for posting up news for up coming Lans and current events with nethouse,such as Monty Lans or tournaments.
    Also to provide nethouse customers with upcoming news and what not.
    (Monty and Myself are trying to get it back to former glory)

Private: No

Mods: Any of the Nethouse staff on boards.ie (Monty,TheFanj,Sico,Myself)

As i said, we are trying to get the gamers back to nethouse, and will be starting to have regular lans every month, and possible big competitions too.

Your thoughts?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Commercial Interaction :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

well, whereever the mods see fit to put it.

hey we could just replace torc interactive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Me thinks no: 1 theres already a lan parties board and 2. then u'll have to give one to Wire, dnc and who ever else is knocking about :)

yes u will. if they request it.

and reguards the lan sign-ups, thats where info on lans will be posted up, this forum will be for any reccommendations for the net cafe, and also news on the company.

do remember that Nethouse has Cafes in Ireland,U.K,Italy and France :P

but end of the day its upto the admins, and thats why i've posted this up :P

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What are the rules about posting cafe-lans on the Lan Parties forum again? Could you preface them with "Nethouse:" ?

I dont recall Monty's nights having any trouble when they were being run...

DeV.

• Advertisement

<Doodee|nH> im not after modship u idiot
    <Doodee|nH> if i can get the gaming **** back here im gonna be a happy chap
    <azezil|work> YES U ARE
    <Doodee|nH> also it will help get me a raise :D
    requesting a forum for your own personal gain i for one am shocked and appauled

its not about advertising nethouse Dev, We will use the lan parties forum for informing people that lans are on, and using room101 for sign-ups, but as yellum said the Forum will be used as commercial interaction.

Yes we are selling something, but we are not selling it directly off boards.ie

like the other commercial interaction forums on boards.ie

Also, just to post it, this is the charter from the lan parties forum:

This forumn is about LAN parties, get them organised, letting people know the whos/the whats and the when a LAN is taking place.

Its also a place for discussion about LANs, how to organise, etc. The key thing is enjoyment and a hastle free forum.

- No threads opened by cafes laying out their general wares.
    (ie: "We're having a lan night next Friday" is fine but "We have xyz tech and we have lans every friday night" is an ad.

- Any thread started by a regular person looking for Lan nights is ok and its ok for succinct replies which give the details of a cafes upcoming lan nights to come from the cafe in question.

- Any post anywhere bad mouthing a cafe from anyone (particularly another cafe) is not on.

- Any advertising, be it sublime, fringing on it, etc will not be accepted.

he's trying to take advantage of the sacred institution that is boards for his own personal gain, this horrible injustice must not go unpunished .... BAN HIS ASS!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Missed Doodee's post. Lan stuff in Lan Parties. The other forum would be a Commercial Interaction forum as its about a commercial entity interacting with the community here.
    Much as many Nethouse guys are mods here (and mates too) I'd be loath to break the profit/non-profit line there.

on the other hand, CI boards arent that expensive (and you dont have to go through any of this suggestion stuff :) )

DeV.

O shut up Az , you know i have been going on about arranging regualr lans in nethouse since i started working here, just check my post history on Lan parties.

and like i said, its the dicision of the Admins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by DeVore
    on the other hand, CI boards arent that expensive (and you dont have to go through any of this suggestion stuff :) )

DeV.
    The scientologists wring their hands in anticipation...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

How about some goes off and sets up a site that lists every café in the country, lists their spec.s, prices, etc. and have the site linked to a CI board(s) here. Iwonder is there any unemployed programmers on boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Gordon
    The scientologists wring their hands in anticipation...

*cough*

Advertisement