Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new s-ata hdd need help

• 16-08-2003 2:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi
    i just got a new s-ata Diamondmax 9 120gb mobo is an A7N8X Deluxe and i cant get it to detect it in bios or os.

ive enabled jumper on board but i dont see any sata options in bios + when i go to install new OS i press F6 and it says <none> so i take it it hasnt detected at all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

You need to put your sata drivers for your hdd onto a floppy and then press f6 for the whole "3rd party scsi/raid etc" and point it to the location fo your drivers afaik. Never have had to do this so it probably wont work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

yeah ive done that it still comes up as no drive found :(

hmm it seems that it could be my board (a7n8x-deluxe rev. 1.xx )
    alot of ppl having trouble with it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

bios.driver update, see mobo webpage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MadKevo

Originally posted by TheRealEyesOnly
    Hi
    ive enabled jumper on board but i dont see any sata options in bios l

SATA doesn't appear in the regular BIOS; if you've enabled the jumper correctly a separate "S-ATA BIOS-screen" should appear on boot-up after the regular BIOS stuff (Memory check, IDE disks etc)- in fact I've only just disabled this on my Rev 1.04 A7N8X mainly 'cos it was slowing boot time down too much...

Hope this helps.
    MK.

• Advertisement

sent an email to asus see if they can shed some light on it ,im gettin p*****off with it atm :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Nitrox

IS the Asus using the Silicon S ATA chip also?
    I have two of teh above hard drives in a RAID 0 on my Nf7-S Abit mobo, and it works like a charm :D
    You do not see the SATA drives in your regular BIOS, instead it has a seperate bios where you go in to configure your drive.
    If this 2. BIOS does not show up maybe you have disabled it, so just load back the default settings in BIOS and it should be there again.
    SATA really is a lot easier than regular IDE drives, i would say at least as easy as USB connected devices :cool:

its offical the drives DEAD :(
    i took it to my local comp shop and it doesnt work on there pc either

P.S Tnx for all the help guys much appreciated

Advertisement