Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership Week 1 Saturdays Results

• 16-08-2003 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Sat Aug 16 2003 Barclaycard Premiership
    Fulham 3 - 2 Middlesbrough
    Well Fulham will need to win these games to stay away from the drop zone as most people I talked to predict they will be down there. Middlesbrough will be disappointed at this.

Blackburn 5 - 1 Wolves
    Blackburn are my dark horses for the season. Wolves are going to have a long season

Man Utd 4 - 0 Bolton
    Expected Bolton to put up more of a fight. Good win for United (ba$tards!)

Arsenal 2 - 1 Everton
    Well at least its a win, last season Arsenal would have probable let a goal in around the 91st minute. Bad news about the sending off, Wenger better stop this soon or it will cost later on in the season.

Leicester City 2 - 2 Southampton
    Good news for Leicester to get a point on what looked like a difficult start. Philips got off the mark in his debut for Southampton. Potential dangerous strikeforce with Beattie.

Portsmouth 2 - 1 Aston Villa
    Poor old David. Good win for Pompey.

Birmingham 1 - 0 Tottenham
    Dodgy Penalty win for Birmingham, apparently Glenda was going mad. God I love football :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Originally posted by gandalf
    Sat Aug 16 2003 Barclaycard Premiership
    Fulham 3 - 2 Middlesbrough
    Well Fulham will need to win these games to stay away from the drop zone as most people I talked to predict they will be down there. Middlesbrough will be disappointed at this.

Good start for Chris Coleman as the full time manager.

:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

*Sigh* :( I was'nt expecting Wolves to win but 5-1 is pretty bad.

The only excuses are valid however - No Miller, no Lescot, no Ndah, no Kennedy all of whom are vital if Wolves are to survive to play a 2nd season.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I saw Lescot alot last season and the man oozes class hopefully he'll do well in the PL.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Portsmouth 2 - 1 Aston Villa Poor old David. Good win for Pompey.

I am not a fan of O'Leary however this season will test his managerial skills.

Portsmouth are my second favourite team now West Ham are gone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

ya wolves had important players missing.Lesscot is real class could get an england call up in the next few years. Kenny miller is a good striker scotlands best at the moment. Ndah has a lot of pace hes damn quick. kennedy was a big blow aswell.(for any1 who watched wolves win over newcastle last season u will agree these guys make a huge difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

you've seen this story before though. They are good players i would agree, but the gap between div 1 and the premership is becoming ridiculously wide, and i'm afraid only two out of the five will really shine for wolves...miller and lesscot...sorry mark...u deserve another shot in the prem but i aint confident babe :(
    wolves after such a long dramatic struggle will be the first down imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by gandalf

Birmingham 1 - 0 Tottenham
    Dodgy Penalty win for Birmingham, apparently Glenda was going mad. God I love football :)

i just saw the premiership and i saw the penalty incident, and for once, i think hoddle is right.
    that was so not a penalty, in fact, it was a free out. savage (who else) was climbing all over the defender.

still, its first game of the competative season, and i wouldnt take any of these games as a pointer to who the season will turn out.
    i mean, blackburn are on top for gods sake :)

Advertisement