Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYI Session 2 2003 :D

Options
  • 16-08-2003 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Well seems noone really started a thread bout it so i guess i will.
    Twas my first year and i loved it, cant wait to be back next year.
    Anyone who was there had better keep in touch, altho i know half of u wont.
    well i hope one person replys to this, in saying it i know fionnula will be first.
    for anyone who dont know this is jason :)
    c ya folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

jason?? do'nt ring no bells.
    I be Alim. a.k.a. God a.k.a. Gaybraham Lincoln.
    Ses2 rocked hard.
    Best ever
    and my last forshame.
    rory was the best RA. Up the session two-ers!!
    we had so much more:
    1) Variety show
    2) better olympics
    3) 6-5 student RA soccer match (only 1 goal loss. so close)
    and much more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Lil' Jesus

Yeah, go session two. i thought i was in the wrong boards when i saw everyone talikin about session 1 (i got nothin against session 1, i did it last year, but hey i wasnt there this year.) I was in rorys RA group too. Im Aidan, the commuter with the hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Forge

well i hope one person replys to this, in saying it i know fionnula will be first.
    for anyone who dont know this is jason :)
    c ya folks

Hehe, you'd think that after 3 weeks you'd be able to spell my GOD DAMN NAME. :) Maybe.

Anyway, I didn't reply first (just out of spite)

Glad you enjoyed it, I had a blast.

Fionnuala

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

heyhey!

jason, did you wear a red hoody all the time? cos if you did i think i might know you vaguely.

aidan!!! heeeyyyyyy!!!!! it's me! aideen/eadaoin/that girl from your class who always took the piss out of john!!

*hugs fio*

and yes, session 2 this year was at least twelve kinds of fabulous and fourteen kinds of great. alim, it was a talent show, not a variety show, cos there was actually shed-loads of talent in it. i mean, niall and the niallettes, danny and the....learys?, roisin, oh good lord, roisin, maeve, aine, JESSE AND LEO JUGGLING!!!! and then of course *drumroll* THE SCANGER CONTEST!!!!!! SCHWAAAA!!! TECHNO TIME!!! I'LL INJECT YIS ALL WITH AIDS!!! *wipes away the tears of laughter*

woo! i just finished downloading "dreaming of you" - YAY!!

anywho, bye!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Forge

I didnt wear it all the time, i just ran outta clothes is all.
    well fio u were prolly the first to read it :p
    how come noone who knows me posts!?!
    java is evil.

Danny and The Learys, Eadaoin

Danny, Shane, Kerry, Daire, Roisin, Niall, Myself, possible that drummer Aaron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Sorry to intrude on your thread but our variety show had something that beats all that

Guitarist, Bassist, Bongos and Piano.

Doing improv jazz for 8 minutes.

Its was absolutely breathtaking. And i dont even LIKE jazz

Also duddy in a skirt

we had 1..2..3? guitarists (i don't remember if danny played or just sang. he's a legend on da guitar).
    bassist.
    violin
    saxophone
    me running around and stripping

all to GAY BAR!! (i hate that song tho.)

we also had roisin doing a solo on the violin during the show (breathtaking), big spender rendition, maeve and her own song with binne, someone singing italian song (amazing), juggling (absolutely brilliant. classic. legends. where's my thesaurus?), and more which'll come to mind when i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Spog

HI!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool, at last someone started a s2 thread. Is Jason the guy from computer Apps??

HI AIDAN & AIDEEN!!!! This is Orla by the way. That be hayes. The one with the purple glasses to be more specific.

Ya our talent show rocked, even if the mc's were lacking somewhat, especially in comparison to last year but anyway, ya it rocked! I must say the muffin juggling was quite splendiforous but it couldn't have failed overall, What with my page turnin skills....

Anyhoo, dreamin of you! Best song in the world at the moment, epitomizing exactly what i'm feelin strangely enough!

Withdrawal symptoms creepin in....

O (",)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by Aliminator
    all to GAY BAR!!
    GHEY BAR GHEY BAR GHEY BAR!!!!!!!!! Is there a recording of this? I must have the ghey bar-ness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Forge

Fio bout ur jornal, which student was i?! i dont fit in to none of the current catagories.
    Yer im jason from computer apps, the guy who wore the red hoodie at the closing cerimoney, etc.
    Cows go boom.
    Oh yes im gonna post that picture again, cos its just that damn good.
    We love you Melmoth!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 borealis

jason hi! same to eadaoin aidan fionnuala alim and orla!

its official: s2 was "the best session ever!" wow. thanks everyone for makin it so damn enjoyable, the mini holidays, the sumo wrestling, the scandal, that talent show (the girl singing caro mio ben was jessica everybody. can you believe she never took classes?!). WOW!

have fun everybody!

aurora
    (big spender;) )

Originally posted by borealis
    its official: s2 was "the best session ever!
    Newsflash: they say that every session was the best ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Originally posted by Barry Aldwell
    Newsflash: they say that every session was the best ever
    Especially when they've only been to one session

Not even one timers, but the Officials. Every closing speach by Shiela contains the line "Best session ever"

YES! session 1ers are invading your thread! mwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!one

Seriously though hughs right, the session you ere last at always seems the best. I wonder why?

/me ponders this dilemna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Nah, tbh, this years was not my best session.. My saddest, but I much prefered session 1 2002 and session 1 2001

Because it's the one which you remember the most vividly.

Yeah that sounds about right barry.

This actually was my best year so far though, mainly because i wasnt known as oisins brother

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Jaffer
    This actually was my best year so far though, mainly because i wasnt known as oisins brother
    Not to your face, at least.

Yeah well thats what matters

I dont care what im called behind my back so long as i never find out

Good for you

Hey everybody! He doesn't care what we say! Lets badmouth him!

Yes, this session was ACTUALLY the best ever.
    it was my 5th. 5th!
    so i believe i'm an authority to say it was the best ever.
    <<SNIP: alim play nice - Neil >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

Hear here, Gabe! I was getting a bit bored of his constant irritating posts.

In that case aliminator you've only been to under half of the sessions so you're not an expert.

It was YOUR best session but not THE best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Hello everyone! (list too long to count - or name - except of course Aonghus Collins, victim of the sticky tape in the old days of 2001 if memory serves)

Certainly s2 2003 was excellent. On par with s2 2002, but this year's session seemed to go much quicker.

The best act in the talent show was naturally Danny and the Learys, he having been my roommate. Which meant listening to the electric guitar at twelve in the night. And finding women's clothing in the wardrobe when I wanted my lovely corduroys. But I digress.

In any case keep in touch and remember to stay happy. At a gay bar.

-Ed (known as Ed until the last Wednesday of s2, when he was rebaptised "the one who got 600 points")

Wait a minute was this i was tricked into coming out of my room then tied up in masking tape and left lying on the floor? That was so f*ckin funny! Specially as we realised fergal was just about to come down the hall and i got dragged into someones room!

Ah memories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

session2 2003 might be my best session ever, it was certainly better than last year but i don't know if it lived up to 2001, i'll decide when i get my photos tomorrow(oh the excitement!!)

hey aurora!! your big spender was so foxy-nice work!!

and orla!!! wheeee!!! i've decided that you have to come visit me at my house in drogbog and take the piss out of things. you'll have loads of material round these parts. and you can come and stay in my pink and blue party room. oh-ho yes.

people, don't forget hugh and poochy putting the gay into gaybar...

and as for you, alim, you talk about as much sh!te as the others at times so stop giving out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Of course it was the masking tape. I wasn't actually involved, but you told me later and I sympathised.

Then next year I was in Chris's RA group and I talked about it with Richard Harris - one of the perpetrators, if memory continues to serve. And I laughed. Oh, the choleric power of memories.

Advertisement