Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows XP SP2 Delayed Until Late 2004

Options
  • 16-08-2003 7:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Make you wonder what they're actually doing in Redmond these days. MSIE for Mac cancelled, standalone MSIE cancelled, standalong Outlook Express cancelled -- what's next, Office? :)

adam
    August 16, 2003
    Windows XP SP2 Delayed Until Late 2004
    By Nate Mook, BetaNews

In a surprising turn of events, Microsoft has pushed back the release date for the second Windows XP service pack to the third quarter of 2004. SP2 was long expected to debut before the end of 2003, a year after SP1 made the rounds.

The change in plans came to light by way of Microsoft's Product Lifecycle Web site, which details future support timelines for the company's products.

"Third quarter next year would put anywhere from 18 to 24 months between the first two service packs," Joe Wilcox, senior analyst for Jupiter Research, told BetaNews. "This is a much longer cycle than between Windows 2000 service pack releases."

[...]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

standalong Outlook Express cancelled

that was actually a lack of misunderstanding between the publicist who made that statement..

Outlook Express has not been cancelled..

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/applications/0,39020384,39115720,00.htm
    However, Leach has now stepped away from his original comments, claiming that while Microsoft had originally planned to halt new work on Outlook Express, the situation has since changed.
    "I sat down with the Windows team today, and they tell me my comments were inaccurate," Leach said Friday. "Outlook Express was in sustain engineering, but customers asked for continued improvement, and we are doing that. Microsoft will continue its innovation around the email experience in Windows."

Advertisement