Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying an ADSL Router in the US ?

• 16-08-2003 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi,

Pardon my ignorance, as I'm not an expert in ADSL.

I am planning to connect to Netsource and share the connection with 3 devices. So I plan to buy an ADSL Modem/Router/Switch - like the Dlink 504.

Is it possible to buy such modem/router (not that Dlink in particular) in the States or in other EU country than UK or ROI?

Is there anything specific in the ADSL protocol here that would be different than America or France, for instance?

Thanks,
    Butch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Watch out for the connector on the router - i was unlucky enough to get a german zyxel p650h from a german site a good bit cheaper than the uk, but it was for ISDN (i.e. ADSL over ISDN), and the website didnt mention this, so it had to go back, and I ordered the UK version with POTS RJ11 connector. :)

Advertisement