Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

carlow buildings

• 16-08-2003 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

when i left carlow a while back there were a few new bulidings been built, like the new tesco place and the other shoping place where the old bank of ireland was. anyway i was just woundering if they are finisned and what kinda shops are being built. i heard that kfc are opening in the tesco place, is this ture?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The new Tesco is still under construction, due open in October I think. Penneys will be expanding to take over the entire old Tesco site. I've no idea what's going in at the old bank of Ireland. I think a Woodie's DIY place opened up next to aldi.

Haven't been in Carlow in a couple of weeks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

kfc... sexy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

mmmmmmmm non-supermacs chicken :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

KFC......... I don't even have that in the city I'm in now,

**** that I'm comin home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Shamo

KFC *Drools*

No more home cooked food for me this year!

• Advertisement

supermacs chicken's cooked in the fish fryer, tastes more of fish than chicken. Sanders'll show us the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

KFC............... akin to sexual chocolate.

Colonel Sanders, your secret's out!!!!:

KFC Original Fried Chicken.

1 frying chicken, cut into frying pieces
    The 11 herbs and spices
    2 eggs, well beaten
    2/3 cup milk
    Vegetable oil to cover bottom of your skillet; about 1/2 inch deep.
    1. Combine eggs and milk. Set aside.
    2. Combine flour with the Italian dressing and soup mix.
    3. Dip chicken pieces in milk-egg mixture and roll them in the
    flour-seasoning mixture. Repeat procedure.
    4. Fry pieces over medium heat for 25 to 30 minutes, turning often.
    5. Remove from fire. Drain and serve.

Chicken Like the Colonel's

ELEVEN SECRET SPICES
    1 tablespoon Rosemary
    1 tablespoon Oregano leaves
    1 tablespoon Powdered sage
    1 teaspoon Powdered ginger
    1 teaspoon Marjoram
    1 1/2 teaspoons Thyme
    3 tablespoons Packed brown sugar
    3 tablespoons Dry minced parsely
    1 teaspoon Pepper
    1 tablespoon Paprika
    2 tablespoons Garlic salt
    2 tablespoons Onion salt
    2 tablespoons Powder chicken bouillon*
    1 package Lipton tomato cup-a-soup mix
    * or 4 cubes mashed There are actually 11 spices in the above combination, but an additional 3 ingredients were necessary to derive that special flavor.

Place all ingredeints in blender with on\off spped for 3-4 minutes to pulverise, or rub through a fine strainer.

Store in an airtight container so it will not lose potency. Makes about 3/4 cup. To use with flour: Add 1 oz. mix to a cup of flour for coating chicken.

......gimmie a frying pan, and butter
    and ill cook any food better than any kfc/supermacs place
    [or at least cheaper .... - and haven't yet burned down any kitchens, or flash-fried any part of me :) ]

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I have the recipies to the mcdonalds stuff it anybody wants them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Dead cat
    tomato ketchup
    gerkins

Did i guess right?

oooooooo a guessing game
    squished cardboard mixed with hamster intestines for the meat
    buns are old school tables shredded and made into burger buns
    and dont need to think of what veggies are - their bad enuf as it is without mcD's americifying them...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

BIG MAC™ Special Sauce

Ingredients:

1/4 cup KRAFT Miracle Whip
    1/4 cup mayonnaise
    2 Tablespoons,heaping, WISHBONE deluxe french salad dressing (the orange stuff)
    1/2 Tablespoon HEINZ sweet relish
    2 teaspooons, heaping, VLASIC dill pickle relish (Heinz dill relish also works)
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1 teaspoon dried, minced onion
    1 teaspoon white vinegar
    1 teaspoon ketchup
    1/8 teaspoon salt

Mix everything very well in a small container. There better be no streaks! Microwave 25 seconds, and stir well again. Cover, and refrigerate at LEAST 1 hour before using.( to allow all of
    the flavors to "meld". ) Makes nearly 1 cup...enough for about 8 Big Macs™.

Cooking your BIG MAC™

INGREDIENTS:

(this is a per sandwich recipe)

1 -regular sized sesame seed bun
    1 -regular sized plain bun
    2 -previously frozen regular beef patties
    2 -tablespoons Big Mac sauce
    2 -teaspoons reconstituted onions
    1 -slice real American cheese
    2 -hamburger pickle slices
    1/4 Cup -shredded iceberg lettuce

COOKING:

Discard the crown half of the regular bun, retaining the heel. The cooking method for the Big Mac™ is basically the same as the regular burgers, only the bun toasting method is slightly
    different. In the Big Mac's case you toast the bottom (heel) first. Do this along with the extra heel. (this will be your middle bun.)

Cook the two-all-beef-patties just like the regular burgers. After the bun parts are toasted, put 1 tablespoon of "Mac sauce" on each of the heels.(toasted side.) Then add 1/8 cup
    shredded lettuce to each.On the true bottom bun, place one thin slice of American cheese on top of the lettuce. On the extra "heel", the middle bun, place two pickle slices on top of the
    lettuce. Toast the "crown" (top) of the bun also. When the meat patties are done, place them one at a time on both prepared buns. Stack the middle bun on top of the bottom bun, and put
    the crown on top.

For proper "aging", or "Q-ing", ...wrap the finished Big Mac® in a 12"x18" sheet of waxed paper as follows:

1...Center the burger, right side up, on the waxed paper. Fold the "long" ends of the paper up over the top. (It will resemble a tube with the burger in the center.)

2...Fold the two remaining ends underneath. Wrap snug, but don't squish it like the regular burgers.

3...Let sit 5-8 minutes, allowing the flavors to "meld".

4...Microwave, still wrapped, 15 seconds on high.

....Enjoy an AWESOME Big Mac® Sandwich!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by TomTom
    3...Let sit 5-8 minutes, allowing the flavors to "meld".

One problem. The entire process usually only seems to take 5 minutes. Should we become worried? :eek:

Originally posted by the_syco
    One problem. The entire process usually only seems to take 5 minutes. Should we become worried? :eek:

ROFL - I am now!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

its a conspiracy to lure you in to a false sense of trust and then make you eat that lovely cat you had as a child

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by Moonbeam
    its a conspiracy to lure you in to a false sense of trust and then make you eat that lovely cat you had as a child

There's never any cats or dogs near McDonalds, except when they close.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

dont forget my new kitchen :)
    and StevenK,who will be cooking in said kitchen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

ah yes, StevenK and his pizza.
    have you missed him so, Ruaidhri?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭joe bloggs

it looks like it will be tins of beans for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭EnigmasWhisper

Theres a new cinema going into the new shopping centre (could be Oct before finished), a new theatre being built down by the old museum. Scraggs is currently being renovated and a couple of new pubs are coming, including a new sports bar which will be in the old garda barraks ( around corner from Finnegans ) and owned by Dinn Ri. The old BOI building will be full off shop units and offices. Dunnes Stores are coming to Graiguecullen and there is a rumour Safeways are buying out Superquinn?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

any news of kfc in new tesco?
    or is it bull?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by clansman
    any news of kfc in new tesco?
    or is it bull?

KFC have applied for planning permission beside woodies new building, i.e across from Aldi.

The permission stated it would be a drive through, people were saying it would be turned down but I think it will probably get the go ahead with some minor changes.

I was talking to Bernard the Francisee of MacDonalds in Carlow and he reckoned it would go ahead too. He wasn't concerned either as he said there was plenty of business to go ahead.

However MacDonalds are not moving to the new shopping center as was thought, which in my opinion is a bad move it's ok to park in current tescos or Superquinn and walk to MacDonalds but its a hell of a lot more hassle to walk from the new tesco shopping center.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Well the old tesco car park will still be there, Penneys are taking over the old tesco shop space.

Advertisement