Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thank you...

Options
  • 16-08-2003 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

i just thought id say this to all ctyi people and this is the place to do it -
    thank you to you all for giving me 3 of the best weeks of my life, and im thanking you all because it was, without a shadow of a doubt, the people at ctyi that made it so good.
    thanks a lot, and see you next year...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

Thank you too Marc! I agree it was the people that made it so damn good and you were one of those people. I will never forget that time when that funny thing happened that I won't describe cos it might embarass you but you know what I'm on about. I laughed so hard! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 theymademedoit

it was soooo funny. i hope next year is as good. i emailed you. check your inbox. NOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

I cant, my damn hotmail thingy isnt working, damn them, it never works. damn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Thanks sparky, we all love you too. But here's a word of advice... dont try and bring the spirit of ctyi into your school, it won't work.

Also, dont spend the whole year waiting for ctyi, the time'll just stretch out and you'll waste a year of your life.

That said, i think I speak for everyone who's too lazy to post on this thread that we appreciate the thanks and can't wait to see you next year either

Ps I don't actually know if the first bit makes any sense I just have too much time and like typing long and pointless replies

NARF!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

WE LOVE YOU SPARKY. Ahh, I remember Ana and I being your bitches, we were going to get you pimp gear and a car with up-and-down suspension but we never did....Perhaps next year. And thank you to everyone who made CTYI worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

please, ask people from s2 last year, i rocked as a pimp :D

i own all you pimp wannabes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Ahem, I think my crotch picture would disprove that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

actually in that pic it just looks like steven is getting the action really. you look like one of his bitches.

now, if i remember my clothes from last year (spog or alim could probably help me here) i had a black(or was it purple) furry coat on, blue shirt well open under and the cuffs turned up, feather boa at one stage and a hat.

I looked Pimp daddeh tbh. and there should be pictures of me with two girls under each arm

Four bitches...oh yeah :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Spog

I was there.

I seen it all.

Neil... you rocked my world.

AAhhhh... memories, light the corners of my mind.......

O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭stevanavich

Originally posted by crash_000

Four bitches...oh yeah :)

At last! someone to compete with...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

if i remember my clothes from last year (spog or alim could probably help me here) i had a black(or was it purple) furry coat on, blue shirt well open under and the cuffs turned up, feather boa at one stage and a hat.

well, yes i thinks that is right neil..purplely velvet attire, black hat, pink feather, white boa.

but no neil.

Darren/BigStick/Sleeze master was the pimp this year.

he had bling. and a good suit. and chest hair. get someone to put online fotos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sleazus

Alim, those were important factors, but's lets not forget poorly grown and maintained facial hair, more grease than a Dublin Chipper at 1:30 on a Sunday morning, and a smile that could blind, even through my cheap Arnie-imitation sunglasses.

It was a good year. When else have you seen a pimp pose so well as Jesus (or Jesus pose so well as a pimp)? Still, you were the sleaziest guy there... by a narrow margin. Now, had you gone in Speedos for Gaybar, that would have been a more decisive win.

I think I've got severe identity issues after that Session, but hey, it was a fun ride, eh? ;)

ah yes. the joys of CTYI.
    me, speedos, gaybar. definitely not. also i was not permitted by feargal (thank u)
    sleazus is one of the most accurate nicks i've seen on this. good job big-stick

I still find it odd that Alim in Speedos was considered offensive, yet I could spend an entire disco posing as Our (well, My) Lord and Saviour without raising a single eyebrow. I wonder would you have been allowed stick torches down your pants if you were performing "Danger! High Voltage!" (which is definately the superior song from Electric Six)?

You're all going to crucify me for writing that, aren't you?

before anyone hints at it, i didn't pose in speedos at any rehearsal or otherwise.
    and....sticking torches down one's pants??
    calls for muppet card. flaming one, but neil doesn't seem agreeabel today. SMILES!! we want u back
    (i'll probably get banned for this, so adios amigos!)

How is that flaming? It is merely an observation that the video to Gaybar featured Speedos while the video to High Voltage feature iluminous objects placed down trousers. I'm not quite up to date on Internet protocol (most of my "charm" (and I use the term loosely) is based on delivery rather than content), so, if I offended, I apologise.

A Muppet Card? Anyone care to fill me in?

I feel like I'm not quite in-the-loop here. Please, take pity on BigStick. This time last week, I was using my computer as a heavy (and expensive) fly/rat swatter (as any hunter/gatherer would).

"You're a long way from home, yuppie boy."
    -Moe

I just feel like I've made a boo-boo of "Antwerp" proportions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

Yeah, ctyi was one of the few memories I have that I'm not trying to suppress. Marc, thank you too. I agree with Kate, the people were what made it great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭tibilt

neil, i feel obliged to point out the fact that you will never come close to attaining the true essence of pimpdom. i know this because i have attained such an essence. i will always be the true ctyi pimp. i dare you to 'moderate' this

and by the way, bigstick, the so called 'master of sleaze', had One suit. he had one sleazy catchphrase, or some variation of it.either way it was always the greasy italian bit.the only thing that made him somewhat sleazy was the grease oozing from his hair everywhere he went.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

• Advertisement

Hey, don't get so offended, Danny. It was always the Italian bit because I was going for the Guido look. Guido being a shady low-on-the-food-chain Italian-American. The stereotypical "non-mobster-type" Italian in the Bronx.

Besides, it's not so much the costume as the image that stuck with me. I only wore that suit five times (and I did wash it, vigourously) - each time with minor alterations. I wore it the first Tuesday, that Thursday (because I thought the auditions were on), the first disco, Mardi Gras and the last disco. It just stuck. Like the Jesus costume. I wore that what, three hours of my life, most of which was spent upstairs playing pool with a bunch of pajama-clad women.

I apologise if I offended you, but consider me as a metaphorical David Bowie. There's more to me than Ziggy Stardust, but he'll forever be associated with that one character and he'll always be blamed for the faults of the Thin White Duke. And am I thankful for it? Hell yes. It made me an individual in a college full of individuals. Will I exploit it? Look at my nickname. I never stole your thunder, the "Best Dressed Male" poll should attest to that. Hey, I got branded because of something I did early in the course. People enjoyed it, I enjoyed it. I will never get a chance to do it again. Ever. I'm just glad I had this chance. Now, in the spirit of the thread, that is what I owe everyone here a thank you for.

So, Danny, I apologise if I offended you, or if I took your comment too seriously (I have a tendancy to overreact). Its just you make it sound like I personally offended you, but I never meant to.

Oh, and I'm getting head and Shoulders to work on my hair.

hey darren, sorry about that.i didnt mean to sound so serious. i read it over, im sorry, i didnt mean to insult you.the oozing grease thing was just something someone in your class wrote about you in the fashion survey, i assumed you knew about it. you never offended me, i enjoyed our friendly competetion, and i still say that that comment about closed doors and open windows was one of the damn funniest iv heard in a while.(and i spent my time around wally) thank you back.

No grease off my back. Like I said, I probably over-reacted anyway. Sorry.

hey darren, you gonna be at the reunion on the 30th?

by the way, You won the best dressed competetion.i just fixed the votes in my favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Sure it's not, greasy back.

I don't know about the reunion yet. My gran may be down from Dublin this weekend (irony of ironies), and I don't want to feel abandoned (I see so little of her). But, odds are she'll back out at the last moment, so I should know by tomorrow. I hope to be there, but if I'm not, remember I love each and every one of you.

love in what sense...bigstick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Love as in with a big stick?

i dont know, i was just hoping for a trade-mark sleazy response.

• Advertisement
Advertisement