Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside expansion

• 17-08-2003 12:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭

Core Combat

Six new massive underground war zones
    New Ancient-technology vehicles and weapons which can be used by all Empires
    Head-to-Head Urban style combat in subterranean cities
    Unique alien complexes to explore and conquer
    New underground environments from volcanic lava flows to ice caverns
    Ancient technology can be used by all Empires to upgrade existing surface level facilities

According to the Dev's, every thing will be available to those who dont buy the expansion...except the underground levels.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

In all honesty, this expresses basically none of the problems with PS, mainly that there really is nothing to seperate it from CS or any other multiplayer mod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Im not very happy about this forthcoming expansion at all. The game is only out 3 months and they are talking about an expansion? This is so wrong when you consider the amount of content we are still waiting to be added that was promised just after release like Platoons and the lodestar. Not to mention the many many bugs and CTD issues that have yet to be resolved nor an of the balance issues like the Striker and pounder being over powered.

SoE are making it sooooo easy for me to cancle my subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Originally posted by Celt
    In all honesty, this expresses basically none of the problems with PS, mainly that there really is nothing to seperate it from CS or any other multiplayer mod.

Celt have you played it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

Celt have you played it?

ROFL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by STaN
    Celt have you played it?
    Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

In fairness, the balance patch that went live a few weeks ago addresses an awful lot of issues with the game. I'm not sure I'll bother with Core Combat though. Mostly because I'm back addicted to Camelot, for my sins. :)

Teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭KilOit

CC is good, but there aint many peeps that have it i find my self flying in circles around the caves without an enemy in sight but i really dont care about CC all i want now is the stutering bug fixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Core Combat has come close to killing planetside, big empty snipers paradise caverns, useless weapons with the exception of the flail, massive FPS drop, many old bugs reintroduced (probably because CC was built on an less than recent PS build)

In other words don't do CC, you will feel really ripped off and the CC patch will kill your FPS and loads of old bugs.

But don't take my word for it - read the official forum, there are anti CC threads popping up faster than they can delete them !

Advertisement