Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions league on SKY?

• 17-08-2003 10:16am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads i know this possibly should be on the tv forum but i thought id get a quicker answer here.
    Last year was first year without sky sports and tbh i missed it in a big way for the footie.
    Im probably gonna order it today by phone and should be viewable in a short while,anyways i heard something bout Champions league on sky sports this season.Is this true ?
    I only opting for sky sports 1 and extra option but maybe CL games r on 2 or 3?
    Ive checked the sky site and done a search here on boards but came up with nothing.
    Again sorry for slightly O/T .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

sky will be showing 14 champs league group matches every match week

so im presuming itll be on a seperate digi channel

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I ordered Sky 1 and 3 packge today and lady on phone assured me CL matches will be on SP1 ,she said its an interactive service too.
    Hope she is correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

in fiarness, sky do have the most comprehensive coverage by far. They certainly have the resources to provide the best possible football coverage and analysis. Sometimes though, doesnt it aggravate you when its 0-0 between sunderland and say WBA and they come out with tripe like "tensely poised" etc. Words can paint a pretty picture, but my major bone of contention with sky is its too PC...no slander...all games are great...
    you need a bit of a maverick like dunphy to call it as he sees it...to berate, criticise, slander and annihilate where necessary.
    gwan rodney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Dcully
    I ordered Sky 1 and 3 packge today and lady on phone assured me CL matches will be on SP1 ,she said its an interactive service too.
    Hope she is correct.

she lied. Sky Sports 2 will have a game while the rest will be on Sky Sports Xtra through an interactive service (i saw this on Sky Sports News). all Saturday lunch time games in the Premiership will also be on Sky Sports 2. i don't know how much extra it is to get Sky Sports 2 on your subscription but i think it's worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

dont suppose you can get the 'interactive' channel with ntl?
    Am assuming not as well, its not interactive :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Yeh the CL matches are goin to be on Sky Sports 1 and there will be 14 more matches shown on the Sky Interactive with the live match shown on wedensday night
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

And Sky will show all other games on Tuesday night, bar the two ITV get to show.

Originally posted by kmart6
    the CL matches are goin to be on Sky Sports 1

notice the channel in bold text. it is not going to be on Sky Sports 1

SPORT: Champions League Football
    Channel: Sky Sports 2
    Date: Tuesday 16th September 2003
    Time: 19:00 to 23:00 (starting in 29 days)
    Duration: 4 hours.
    (Champions League Match - Live)
    The start of the 2003 Champions League. Match TBA.

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.digiguide.com. Copyright ©1999-2002 GipsyMedia Ltd. Information copied from DigiGuide cannot be re-distributed, sold or used without prior written consent from GipsyMedia Ltd. All rights reserved.

the same again for Wednesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

On Tues SKY will show 6 games live. (ITV have 2)
    On Wend they will show all 8 live.

Too choose which game you want to watch you will need to be able to go interactive.

The games will be shown on the existing SKY Sports channels but they don't say which ones so they can be on any of 1/2/3/X. If you want to be sure of seeing them you'll need to order all the SKY SPORTs channels.

Originally posted by jongore
    The games will be shown on the existing SKY Sports channels but they don't say which ones so they can be on any of 1/2/3/X. If you want to be sure of seeing them you'll need to order all the SKY SPORTs channels.

if you want to see Skys CL coverage you will need Sky Sports 2 for their main game and Sky Sports Xtra for all the others

• Advertisement
Advertisement