Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Accounts and Billing feck up

Options
  • 17-08-2003 10:20am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right here's the story,
    I wanted to get ADSL from Esat/
    I have a phone point in my flat and at the beginning of June I phoned Eircom from the line and asked them to activate it!
    So I gave them the correct address and all seemed fine.

So 3 weeks down the line and NO CONTRACT so I phone Eircom and they said it was sent, so I waited.
    A few days later the person in the flat above me called in and it turns out that Eircom had the wrong address.
    So you can imagine I was quiet annoyed!

So I phone Eircom and asked them to change it, they said OK
    Phoned them back 3 days later and my address HAD NOT been updated!

Soo I phoned them a week later and they finally had updated my address after 2 more requests.
    The problem is now I needed a Eircom document that has correct details on it and I requested that they send this out to me 5 times within a 3 week period!

Finally they send me a letter after saying they would 4 other times, but a week later they sent me my phone billl on the 25th of July)

So I open the letter and find that the Postal Address is for my apartment and that the Installation Address is for the apartment ABOVE me.

So I phoned Eircom to recheck this, and they inform me that the billing & installation address is for my apartment.
    They then inform me that my account was updated the day AFTER they issued and sent me my phone bill.
    So this makes my Eircom phone bill worth nothing to Esat!

So I'm back to stage one, I have a phone line but I still need a document that has correct details for me to get ADSL.
    Esat need it to give to Eircom and I've explained this to Eircom.

I'm sick to death of this situation and its been there fault from the very beginning.
    Anyone have any suggestions on how I can resolve this mattrer??

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

On a side note, now Eircom are trying to charge me the €100 deposit because I did not return the Contract within 10 days.
    Again this is totally void.

First the contract was never properly address to me so its not properly binding and secondly I did not get it for 3 weeks after it was sent BECAUSE they sent it to the wrong apartment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Why dont u ask them for another reprint of your bill? If they ask why, just say the dog ate the first one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

They totally refuse to, they say I have to wait till the next bill is issued.

As if they try issue a new one it will just re-send the old one.

I think all I can do now is either sent letters like mad or loose it and tell the muppet phone agent to feck off and that I want to speak to a sup!
    Hell I work in a call centre and know my way around so should be able to sort something.

But still I'd like options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Cabaal,

Consult your local [CIC] Citizens Information Centre, or threaten the Rat with legal action for damages etc, etc, under the "Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Acts"!. Taking action against them in the Small Claims court only costs you €8.00c and the letter that the Clerk of the Court sends out to them informing them of your intentions unless the matter is resolved within a short period of time is worth its weight in Gold, and the letter alone usually results in the problem suddenly being resolved.

It is a complete waste of time talking to the biddies by phone. If your problem has not been put in writing and sent via registered post. They can deny ever having talked to you as verbal conversations are not evidence!.

Go get the slobs.

P.

Originally posted by Paddy20
    Consult your local [CIC] Citizens Information Centre, or threaten the Rat with legal action for damages etc, etc, under the "Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Acts"!. Taking action against them in the Small Claims court only costs you €8.00c and the letter that the Clerk of the Court sends out to them informing them of your intentions unless the matter is resolved within a short period of time is worth its weight in Gold

Sounds like a plan, I'll see what I can do
    If this had all gone well from the beginning I would have had DSL since June or Aug at the VERY latest..

• Advertisement
Advertisement