Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying online: Cover letters

• 17-08-2003 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

When applying for a job through email, do you include the Cover letter in the body of the email or do you attach it as a seperate doc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

Personally I include the "cover letter"** in the email body, not as a seperate attachment.

**However it wouldn't be a standard cover letter, its just a brief introduction style text, short, direct and polite :) - i.e.

Please find attachment my CV (Word 97 format) in relation to ... .If you have any queries please feel free to contact me on ...

The odd time I might want to clarify something in the email, but again I try to keep it brief. Leave the CV to do the boring :D

D.

Advertisement