Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

metal slug

Options
  • 17-08-2003 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

does anyone have any ideas where i can get a metal slug cabnet or is anyone selling one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I Don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109950
    have you checked there?

welcome to boards happy posting

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭scoey

Originally posted by weemcd
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109950
    have you checked there?

If you mean those shops on Talbot Street , they don't sell arcade cabinets or games.

As far as I know your best bet would be asking in arcades if they have any old neo geo machines that they'd be willing to sell. I don't know if you'd get metal slug though since it's still quite popular. As far as I know you could just get a Jamma Cabinet from an arcade then get a Metal Slug pcb from ebay or something and stick it in the cabinet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Try ebay if you have more money than sense. Metal slug 1, 2 and X are all prefectly emulated so I don't see much point in getting an arcade board unless you are a collector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Anybody who's really into arcade games these days builds a MAME cabinet.
    www.arcadecontrols.com

Unless your an american collector with acres of basement space there's no way you could build a decent collection of the original thing.

And if you don't want to go to all that hassle just play them on your PC, get some connectors and a PSOne arcade stick and your sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

wasnt it recently released on the PS1 has anyone played this version is it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭meatball

MAME cabinets really aren't the same. Even if you use the original arcade monitor as with PC2JAMMA, emulation is rarely perfect.

Go round every arcade you can find, and ask them to call you if they are ever throwing out or selling a used cabinet, even a damaged one.

I recently picked one up, have Super Pang running one it, and Streetfighter II Turbo on the way. Am going to put a SNES and probably a Playstation in there too (can't wait to have Tekken 3 going!)

What kills me is that I left two behind, Virtua Striker and Metal Slug, that were probably working. When I went back the next day they were gone. You'll have to be quick!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You were right to leave virtua striker where it was. tis muck.

As for the PS1 version, the PS1 is a piss poor 2D machine which is only slightly ahead of a snes with the yoshis island chip for 2D capabilities. There are a lot of details and animation frames that were taken out. However it is just as good as the arcade version in playability but not perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Mslug

i just like metal slug its one of my if not my favorite games.
    i'l scout out next time im tramore or some piss ass old arcade

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yes it it a pretty sweet game. I'd love ot have on of those things to but don't particularly want to pay all of that money for it. I spend sooooooo much money on Metal slug! one of my all time favs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

What you need is a neo geo MVS mainboard, and the MVS metal slug cart. The MVS carts in general are quite cheap, and metal slug costs practically nothing in MVS form compared with the AES home cart which can sell for over 1000!!

Qwerkies will sell you the mainboard (they offered me one before for 200) just ask to speak to the manager and tell him what you want. Grab something like the HGA system from http://www.gwtrading.com/index.shtml
    and just plug it into any tv. The HGA system will take practically any arcade board and arcade stick, and it plugs into a telly. Its a price-y option, but who has the space for a dirty old cabinet.

Advertisement