Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV ripping me off?

Options
  • 17-08-2003 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

hey guys,

I signed up for utvip a few months ago and they have been way over charging me :( Like in my second month with them they charged me the 29.99 twice.

What do you think I should do, should I leave them and go for esat? And one more thing, I just realised this flat rate thing where you can go on whenever. How do I change my account to this?

My phone bills have been much higher then when I was just with eircom. I use the internet a lot though, so I thought a flatrate product would be good for me, but it turns out it has been more expensive :(

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by mofu
    Thanks for any help.

More detail please.

Date of signup and date of each bill, totals for each bill , relevant amounts pair in arrears and amounts paid in advance please.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

You've confused me.

You are on UTV's flat-rate package(?) UTV XL is €25 a month I believe. Things to look for...is this your first bill from them? They charge two months subcription initially I believe. This just means you pay an extra month up front. If they have actually billed you twice then all you have to do is contact them to get it rectified..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

and if the same bill (with same cust id same month same invoice number ) were printed and posted twice then you will get charged once as well.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭mofu

It said if u sign up before June or something, U dont pay the sign up fee, which I did sign up before June(I signed up in about April or something)and they still charged me :S

Ill have to look over the bills and reply l8er(Im not at home).

They used to charge 29.99 until this XL thing came. And I dont think my account has changed. Ill have to look at the latest bill again. Does your old ur old utvip account get changed into the XL one?

EDIT: Ill also try contacting them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

What do you think I should do
    Have your bill in front of you (and maybe a pen and paper) and call them. Tell them you think you have been overcharged and ask them to go through the charges and explain each of them. When done, ask them about the other package and how you go about changing to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 elsoldemayo

They used to charge 29.99 until this XL thing came. And I dont think my account has changed. Ill have to look at the latest bill again. Does your old ur old utvip account get changed into the XL one?

Nope, you have to switch to the XL package. You can do this on their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

mofu,

It is extremely unfair for you to start a new Thread on a reputable forum. Making wild un-sustantiated claims that a ISP is or has been ripping you off!.

Judging from the answers you have given to date. It appears you are using the old "off-peak" only fixed rate package from U.TV Internet and have been using the Internet at anytime during peak hours?.. No wonder your bills are very high.

Also, you clearly have not upgraded or emigrated to UTVip XL which is not automatic for existing customers. Seems as though you need to sit down, get your head in order, talk to U.TV Internet customer services & their accounts department who can supply you with copies of all your monthly statements since you beame a U.TV Internet customer, perhaps after this you may have to apologise for starting a possibly libelellous* Thread on a very Public forum.

P.:confused:

EDIT: LOL

I was not trying to make wild un-sustantiated claims that my ISP is ripping me off, It was a question, hence the question mark, asking do u think I am being ripped off?.

I have never used the internet on on-peak hours of the day, so that was not the cause of my high bills. I only use it off-peak since I was on the first package UTV had. I only found out today about UTVip XL.

It turns out I have been over charged. I looked it up on my bill.

I have now upgraded my utv account and will soon be on the XL package.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Paddy20
    It is extremely unfair for you to start a new Thread on a reputable forum. Making wild un-sustantiated claims that a ISP is or has been ripping you off!.
    Good lord almighty paddy, he's asking a simple question, not making libellous allegations. Calm down.

Simple question asking for an answer. Not a crime requiring a high horse. If mofu apologises, I'll ban him myself:). And his children. And his children's children.

If you want to make an issue of this, paddy, PM me and you'll get a reply by PM. Judging by the last post there's nothing coherent you are willing to add to this thread. We're moderators, not child minders.

Seriously mofu, disregard. Except for the second paragraph in the above post, which you've asked yourself anyway & which has already been answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

I am extremely sorry for any inconvenience caused
    Get banning and dont forget his children and hsi childrens children :

• Advertisement

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    Get banning and dont forget his children and hsi childrens children :

hehe, I just didnt want to get into any trouble with the mods and be kicked off this awesome board :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by sceptre
    Simple question asking for an answer. Not a crime requiring a high horse. If mofu apologises, I'll ban him myself:). And his children. And his children's children.

For three months. ;)
    hehe, I just didnt want to get into any trouble with the mods and be kicked off this awesome board
    Don't worry, unless you're arguing with one of us, we're not likely to get easily annoyed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

sceptre,

What you have just done to my reply to you in relation this Thread is OTT.

1, You turned my post/stroke reply to you in an existing Thread started by mofu* in to a NEW Thread with my name on it!, as the Thread starter without my permission. Since when do you have the powers to turn a reply from me in to a Thread which you then maliciously send to the recycle bin!, for your own unexplainable vindictive reasons?...

I will be away until Wednesday when ,I will take this serious misdeamour up with the appropriate people.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I wouldn't worry Paddy, no-one looks in the recycle bin. Threads are split and the other stuff moved to the recycle bin to aid in accountability. If he deleted the post, you'd be complaining that your post was deleted, and you had no way to claim your post was on-topic.

The original poster's problem has been solved. No need for further conversation.

Locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

All mods have the power to split threads. Always have. Reply was off-topic, hence moved to the Recycle bin - as I mentioned above, PM was the appropriate outlet for continuing. Still is. I'm neither malicious nor vindictive. Actually I've been relatively restrained on this one. This is a reputable forum, after all.

Feedback/Suggestions is the appropriate place to complain - as seamus said, no need for further conversation on this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement