Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

fbd insurance

Options
  • 17-08-2003 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭

i was ringing around the other day to get quotes for the mother's car as the policy needs renewing soon. a friend said try fbd as they gave hima good quote. they quoted me 700 less than hibernian for fully comp insurance. we have never had anything insured with them and don't even live in the countryside. dunno if anyone cares but i thought i'd mention it anyway to suggest people give em a ring and see if ye can save a few quid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I'm paying 4600 with fbd for 3rd party on a 1.4 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Yeah,
    Our farm, and both my parent's cars are insured with them.

I am in the process of getting quotes as my policy is due for renewal and they beat quinn-direct by €120

which brings me nicely down to €1,720

23 peugeot 405 1.9 diesel (non turbo) TPFT 2 years No claims, 1 year full licence.

I'm relatively happy.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

Bit expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

who? me?

Ridiculously expensive, but the best I've managed, And I did a fair bit of calling around.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

With FBD with years and they always manage to give me the lowest quote's, €730 TPFT on a BMW 325 TDS :)

Thing is they refused friends of mine on the grounds that they have to have their house/farm insured with them, presumably spread their costs.

They won't insure anything 'too fast' (their words), found this out when i tried them for a quote on an FTO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Best deal i could find also...next best was another €1000...:rolleyes:

Advertisement