Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#boards.ie

Options
  • 17-08-2003 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

Ok, I’m writing this as it was suggested by an admin to do so.

The past few days there were no ops in the channel, due to net splits or whatever, and there was an increase in Muppets over certain periods. Amp, Devore, Vexorg, Dogs and Ecksie normally sort the problem when they are online. I can only really go on experience, and I’m normally online from work, which is 5 days a week. But I noticed myself just over the past 2 or 3 days the lack of the ops. This isn’t really a major problem, and normally means a lot more people will make use of the ignore button, but it would help a bit.

Regulars in the channel might agree with me here, or might not, but would it be possible to add maybe one or two new ops for the channel just to make sure it doesn’t happen.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Secondedededed

:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am there in work all week aswell but didn't notice the problem until today,and it was pretty annoying,
    Its the weekend though people have stuff to do cant expect them to be online all the time a few more ops mighn't go astray though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Last night was my first #boards.ie experience, and very pleasent it was too.*

Imagine my surprise today when I was labelled a fag within seconds of logging on (oh, the embarassment of being so soundly put in my place...). A few more ops would be a Good Thing.

*Getting "fluffled" by Amz had nothing to do with this pleasentness. That was an added bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭walt

I am a regular #boards.ie user and am a well known citizen within the community. I have served the boards through the years, struggling to maintain the standards and behaviour of the users. Therefore I believe I am suited to this role. I am available most evenings and would willingly oblige by helping out in ANY way I can. I hereby forward my candidacy for role as operator in #boards.ie. Please contact me on irc or via PM here.
    Thank you,
    walt0r

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 MIXU

i think we have a case of hitlerism here, but continue to suck up as i or the rest of us could'nt give 2 ****s whether or not we are banned. You are whining about us INVADING your room, tbh i think its quite sad considering its irc, but then again im not an emotional nerd who gets upset at the sight of an insult containing the letters f, a and g. but, continue

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 pwdbot

k, after hearing your concerns, i nominate myself for this position, i accept, welcome aboard our newest op "pwdbot".

luv u nn

also, on a more professional level,

pwdbot will bring you lol (lots of love) and choco's for them rainy days.

k thx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

good idea. The muppetry has increased in #boards.ie alot. For the amount of users the channel gets theres definately not enough people with ops. At times there has been around 100 people there.

could one of the ops set no CTCPs please. There was a couple of muppets using it today constantly

type: /mode #boards.ie +C (capital C...small c is to do with colours)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Originally posted by pwdbot
    k, after hearing your concerns, i nominate myself for this position, i accept, welcome aboard our newest op "pwdbot".

luv u nn

no better man for the job, he gets my vote as a respected and upstanding pillar of the community

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Originally posted by MIXU
    i think we have a case of hitlerism here, but continue to suck up as i or the rest of us could'nt give 2 ****s whether or not we are banned. You are whining about us INVADING your room, tbh i think its quite sad considering its irc, but then again im not an emotional nerd who gets upset at the sight of an insult containing the letters f, a and g. but, continue

im sure you dont mind the addition of a few ops so since as you put it yourself
    as i or the rest of us could'nt give 2 ****s whether or not we are banned
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

pwdbot = secondededededed/

Originally posted by MIXU
    i think we have a case of hitlerism here

I don't think I'll ever tire of this line...:)
    , but continue to suck up as i or the rest of us could'nt give 2 ****s whether or not we are banned.

Which is why ye went to the trouble of joining the boards and posting your indifference?
    but then again im not an emotional nerd who gets upset at the sight of an insult containing the letters f, a and g. but, continue

I don't even know where to begin with this one...

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

even if it is only irc people should be able to chat in peace with out stupid idiots floodin the room with rubbish and insulting random people,

tis simple really:p

But... But... They said the word penis! Loads of times! Don't you get it?

exactly my thoughts moonbeam, if elected i promise to rule with an iron fist and totally stamp out stupid idiots flooding the room with rubbish and insulting random people. (insulting non-random people is alright though)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

pwdbot or myself

kik

i recommend passwordbot for op

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

exactly my thoughts moonbeam, if elected i promise to rule with an iron fist and totally stamp out stupid idiots flooding the room with rubbish and insulting random people. (insulting non-random people is alright though)
    Hicks: Place your left testicle on the bible...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

:rolleyes: you were the one CTCPing the word PENIS to the whole room.

ffs what age are you? :rolleyes:

*defiant voice*

I'm nearly fourteen anna half!

• Advertisement

I think this thread has got of the original point totally:)
    tis entertaining though:)

yes Phreak (i only did it once! i think), but if you dont vote for me, walt0r promises to beat the **** out of you
    and hes unstoppable.

[update] he now promises to visit your houses and set fire to your front door as well. HELP ME HELP YOU!! VOTE PWDBOT!!

pwdbot - loves the jobs you hate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

pwdbot or waltor

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Moonbeam
    I think this thread has got of the original point totally:)
    tis entertaining though:)

I disagree. I believe this thread illustrates Doodee's point quite beautifully ;)

if you dont vote for me, walt0r promises to beat the **** out of you
    and hes unstoppable.

[update] he now promises to visit your houses and set fire to your front door as well.

who... this person...

screechwalt.jpg

yes, but the real question is, who is this man 070903_20.jpg

i dont know, and neither do you.
    this mystery remains.. ==UNSOLVED==
    im robert stack.

pwdbot - loves the knobs you hate.

yes, but the real question is, who is this man

Yore ma?
    pwdbot - loves the knobs you hate.

loves the knob tbh

/me stops wasting his time arguing with muppets and goes off to do something interesting.

yes, but the real question is, who is this man
    That's Rick Lorenz.

http://www.geocities.com/rick_lorenz1/

Everyone knows who Rick Lorenz is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I heartily endorse Doodee's suggestion, the level of muppetry has increased significantly and whilst the ignore function has proved quite useful the disruption caused by the muppets in question has reduced not only my enjoyment of the IRC facility but I'm sure others' enjoyment also.

• Advertisement

/me stops wasting his time arguing with muppets and goes off to do something interesting

knitting perhaps?

#KNITTING.ie ?!?!?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement