Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#boards.ie

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by Vexorg
    A few more ops couldnt hurt...

unless one of them is pwdbot...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Pwdbot is immune!!

Pwdbot for ops. It's unanamous (sp).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 MIXU

Vex, you are a faggit. the only muppet's here is all you faglings who whine and cry over irc. Get a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Thank **** i never passed Mordie out in the stats :D

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by Doodee
    Thank **** i never passed Mordie out in the stats :D

I pity anyone who could :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by Phreak
    what about giving all moderators ops? or is that too unrealistic? about half the people in the channel would be oped.

I second,or even a +v(though would be uesless)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Aren't there actual "bots" that can kick people upon saying a word or command anyway ?
    I know there would be downfalls to this but if it was to stop the muppets.
    Not that I go in there much anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

My bnc is in there 24/7 and I am usually online for a lot of that time. I may not be actively particpating in the channel, but I'm more than happy to be on muppet patrol, as a lot of the regulars know I'm usually around somewhere

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Originally posted by CuLT
    I pity anyone who could :p

**** you all with a plastic fork

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Oh Mordeth you tease ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

<Mordeth> right, i'm not talking in here any more till one of you ****ers passes me out on the stats

!!

Mordeth Vult!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Phreak
    what about giving all moderators ops? or is that too unrealistic? about half the people in the channel would be oped.

Not really, but it could just be limited to the more 'Prominent' mods. And not just flung out to everyone with a notch on their belt, if you get my drift. Not bothering with every community mod out there, or someone modding a private board.

Might get a bit cluttered with ops, but what would that really matter? I know a few channels that have about a dozen or so ops, and they're fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Tbh there are just a few people who come on to the channel to act the arse and spend the entire time typing penis.
    Mainly the ones who have posted on the thread, but also fisty and keyser.

i would definitely say a few more ops wouldnt hurt, cus my ignore list has gotten longer than ever before over the past few months... though every now and then it amuses me to remove them from ignore and bait them like good little muppets :)

i would suggest a number of people who are usually on, though mord is currently boycotting speaking on the channel. JP(Doodee) is always around nearly, as is moriarty.

tbh anyone who is on the channel for a few hours a night, and i mean actively on the channel, not just idleing, would be suited for ops. its just a case of finding those who are best suited for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Lenny
    I second,or even a +v(though would be uesless)

I would agree with Lenny. But give mods +v and not +@. Leave op for the Admins and have Voice for us mods. If muppets get into the channel all you gotta do is +m fr a while ;):D

A couple more mods/admins in #boards.ie couldnt be bad though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    Not bothering with every community mod out there, or someone modding a private board.

Awww, we are people too.
    I spend half my days in #boards.ie, so i nominate Mordeth, Doodee or Bard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Ronan|Raven for op!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Originally posted by Mark
    Ronan|Raven for op!

I heartily endorse this idea :) How nice of you to think of me Mark!

Attack of the 50 foot Quakers!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You know... I think I actually lost IQ reading all that...

Will be sorted. Locked.
    DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement