Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Signal loss

• 17-08-2003 8:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone explain why i am getting signal loss when connected to the Roches Street DSL enchange here in Limerick?

It's been happening alot the last few days, i just lose the DSL signal...any reported problems with the exchange?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

does it work again when you do a ping test?

if so, i've the same problem, in dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

Originally posted by Richard Dower
    Can anyone explain why i am getting signal loss when connected to the Roches Street DSL enchange here in Limerick?

It's been happening alot the last few days, i just lose the DSL signal...any reported problems with the exchange?

Thanks.

I'm on the same exchange , who are you with .

I'm with utv and I can't connect at all tonight.

John.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Can't get in on UTV either tonight :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Make sure you email them.

Paul

Originally posted by flamegrill
    Make sure you email them.

Paul

Not much point really , is there ?

not going to get through to anyone on sunday night ?

i posted it on the newsgroup though.

john.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

I get signal loss as well but ho hum.. its back up in a little bit so no worries

Mine's been off all night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭²°°³webkev²°°³

I've got ADSL Signal loss three times in the past ten minutes!
    if its not netsource, are ther any viruses or programmes that could be doing this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

i downloaded a small program called vPing, if set to "stay-alive" this will ping a website every 10 seconds (you can set which site to edit by altering the list in the folder), this seems to help, as if signal loss occurs, the program will within the next few seconds ping a site, which gives it a kick start (and it beats manually doing ping tests every time you lose a signal!) and all is well for the next while! I hope whoevers problem this is (eircom??) sorts it out soon as its annoying, it lost the signal the other night as my dad click on "order" while purchasing plane tickets online! We've yet to see if they charge us for double the tickets now as we had to refresh it cuz it never got going again on its own accord! But try that little program, it does make a difference (to me at least!)

Advertisement