Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forget Christiano Ronaldo, Kaka is the buy of the summer.

• 17-08-2003 9:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Who needs Ronaldo (either of them) when you can have Kaka?
    This boy IS going to achive wonderous things in the next season.

Milan have bought from San Paolo, the brazilian star Ricardo Izecson Santos Leite, Kakà.
    The players have signed a contract till June 30 2008.
    The attacking midfielder will be at San Siro Sunday evening to watch the Berlusconi Trophy. Monday he will have the ritual medical test.

Adriano Galliani has talked about Kaka': 'He is the best brazilian talent, the best player at this moment in Italian football'.

Saturday press conference at Milanello for Carlo Ancelotti, before the Luigi Berlusconi Trophy. At the beginning many questions about Kaka': 'He is very young', said the Rossonero coach, 'a great talent, we'll evaluate where to use him. The fact that he has arrived one year earlier is positive, for us and for him. He will be a great alternative to players who play in the same position. Kakà has always played behind the strikers, but he is very young and we can still work to find him other positions on the pitch, maybe as a midfielder. But is to early to say it, he remain for now an attacking midfielder'

In Milan squad 2003-2004, Ricardo Izecson Santos Leite, Kakà, will wear number 30.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

And a little artical about the greatest young p0layer in football.

From ACMilan.com

"Last year San Paolo refused an offer of 16 million dollars from Manchester United, a few days ago Chelsea were ready to offer a lot of money for him. But at the end the player heart have decided his future.
    Ricardo Izecson Santos Leite, known also as Kakà, always had one thing in his mind: Milan and the Rossonero colors, the European Champions. Kakà was born on April 22 1982 in Brasilia.
    The Rossonero club wants great football, and the attacking midfielder, after the Gold Cup has surely showed his class; during the negoziation Kakà and his agent have always wanted Milan. With all the respect for the paulista fans, all the other clubs that were interested in this player like Real Madrid, for Kakà, Milan have always been the best.
    He is 183cm height, he weight 73Kg, Kakà have made his first cap with Brazil on January 31 2002 in Brazil-Bolivia 6-0, before been called up for the 2002 World Cup. 17 goals in the year 2002 with San Paolo, Kakà has scored two fantastic goal last July 19, in Brazil-Colombia in the concacaf tournament, competition where all the best South American team are invited. In his club, Kakà has showed his best thing during the championship Rio-San Paolo, won by San Paolo thanks to the splendid actions of the Brazilian talent, and the two goals scored against Botafogo, who made him like an hero to the fans of the stadium Morumbì.
    Carlo Ancelotti can now think about the future, build new ideas. Kakà arrives at San Siro which has many great memories. It's now his turn to help this stadium have many, many more incredible moments"

Oh teh joy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

If he is half as good as he is in CM4 milan should be much improved next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Excellent player. Better than ROnaldo...dont know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Have heard quite a bit about him and he is class in CM4. He will be worth every penny and will outshine Ronaldo for Brazil and C Ronaldo in the CL.

he is class in CM4.

Well thats just that then...wow bring it on. Cm4 says so....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Have you got something to say fool. I was agreeing with a point made earlier in the thread. I would imagine with your limited football knowledge you have never heard of the guy and so have just decided to take a part of a thread out of context...

Ye i have never heard of Kaka before, Brazil's hottest prospect from Sao Paolo. But CM4 says so....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I've heard that he's suppose to be the next big thing!!

Better than C. Ronaldo .... only time will tell .... but hey, we'll only know if Ronaldo has lived up to expectation after 2/3 years!!

As Roy Keane has said in the past:

1 great season = good player
    2/3 successively great seasons = great player

Bring It On :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by UbahOne
    Ye i have never heard of Kaka before

I'd wager a bet that's true.
    Excellent player. Better than ROnaldo...dont know.

"Don't Know". Exactly. So please stop voicing your non-existant opinions. Danke.

Is he still being loaned out for the first season at Milan or are they keeping him? I have a bad feeling his 1st team appearances will be limited when Milan have a full squad, though having Kaka in Milan's second team is heartening.

The contract is supposed to be for 5 years and there is rumoured to be a huge get out clause.

He is to be a backup for pretty much every player in the defence or attack. He can play left or right but his usual position is behind the front two. For 8 and a bit million I cannot see him being left on the bench or in the second team for too long.

• Advertisement

There is a tree man defence roumer flying around ever since Cafu was signed, so maybe he will get a lot of play with that system, I think he is good enough to push Rui and Rivaldo for that spot behind Sehva and Pippo, and he can even play as a striker, so if Sehva or pippo get injured he may well play there.

There is no get out slause, milan have a policy of not issuing them in thier contracts, all big clubs do.

So far milan coaches and fan are comparing him to the likes of Toninho Cerezo and Boban, which is always nice :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Championship Manager has a knack of predicting great players - Saviola, Aimar etc... Kaka looks like he'll be the next big thing but Freddy Adu will be hot on his heels, just you wait and see...

I'd wager a bet that's true

Pie its sarcasm...ever heard of it? Didn't think so.

I can not say who is better or not. I dont know. That does not stop me from voicing my opinion on what i think of him and will not either. I can comment whatever i want...accept it or piss off.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭donhughberto

Kaka, next big thing!

Easy boys, there is many stories about this boy including his so called temperment. he has been fined twice by his club for late appearances for training and has a chip.

He is world class talent but many players dont perfrom when given a climate change. I wudnt complain to have him.

How about Diego and his spurs move, the new Pele. That is a huge tag for the lad and going to spurs is a small step forward. Rumoured under 6million for record youth goal scorer in Brazil football history? Spurs has the world gone mad.

I cant wait for second game of the season to see Mr C Ronaldo against Newcastle, much better test for the young man, then we can judge further!

And the Newcastle match is on sky sports too isnt it???

High Noon showdown. Just be outta bed haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Add UbahOne to the list of Man Utd supporting spas that post here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Add UbahOne to the list of Man Utd supporting spas that post here

You like some here dont mind dishing out your ABU sh1t but when the utd supporters retaliate your obviously not too happy.

Maybe if you leave off with your taunts the UTD supporters would recripocate.Your juvenile discriminatory insults should have no place here.

I am a Utd supporterand i post my opinions here. I do not think they are right all the time but Utd Supporters like everone else should be allowed to express them without being personally insulted by anyone.

I have no problem with Utd supporters taunting or slagging or anything else - that's part of being a supporter. But why is it that nearly every Utd supporter on here is of the 'I can say what I bloody well want!! Now accept it or piss off!!' mentality?

They're nearly as bad as the bloody Celtic supporters :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

For 8 and a bit million I cannot see him being left on the bench or in the second team for too long
    - Rivaldo???

Every new lad is the next thing, It was Viana 2 years ago, Baros last year, C.Ronaldo, La Tallec & Pongolle this year, Kaka next year.

A lot of these clubs are just gambliong on these players in the hope of unearthing a star. Crazy money if you ask me, when you can buy Kewell for 5M and get Mendieta on a free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Why do you appear to expect any supporter to ditch their own opi nions in favor of Yours?

Most people here post their honesly held opinions and beliefs. Debating in favour of thos opinions should not be seen as a personal confrontation with people holding different opinions.

After all if we are all to have the same opinions on everything this is going to be a prettty dull forum.

TwoShedsJackson

This is mainly a Utd theard, there is piles of scum threads elsewhere. What is so wrong with supporting a team that win something every now and then ! Me for one have supported since birth and had mmany miserable years watching Liverpool take all. I am enjoying the boot on the other foot and why not. Utd will have black patach again and someone else will emerge to rule, then again maybe not!

Rivaldo was a free transfer to Milan from Barcelona. Unless there was some nominal sum involved for buying out his contract but they definitely din't pay anything like 8mil.

Originally posted by thegills
    - Rivaldo???

I am not sure what point you are trying to make there gills ??? Was it that you have never heard of Rivaldo and were wondering who he is or is there something else ??? BTW Milan got Rivaldo on a free ater his contract ran out.

Rivaldo moved as a free agent, Bara cancelled his contract and he wasnt that hot last year for Milan. On bench in CL final and for most of the league season. Manager has said he remains in plans for this season but with Kaka newly arrived i cant see it.

Rivaldo had fittness and mental probelms last year, he is still a little unfit and will miss the European Super cup final on the 29th, thats why he didnt play last year, and as for him not being "hot" he was MOTM for the italian cup final second leg against Roma and also in the first match he played very well.

As for kaka, he IS a proven play, and whoever said Dieago was the next pele needs to get thier facts stright, he is a winger not a goal scorer, robhino is the santos player with Brasil's underage goal scoring record, but only for U17's, he hasnt played much U21 or U23.

So yeah, Kaka is a proven 21 y/o with sublime talent.
    He will play lots, Milan have a good rotation system.

WOW there are A LOT of ABU fans here...i'm not going to even bother retaliating to that idiotic comment of twoshedsjackson...

I am just going to continue to excercise my rights to say what i want within reason and speak about topics which interest me. End of story...

I also believe there are far more ABU fans on here than football fans which is a pity cos some of them get real worked up...

Could all the Man Yoo fans with a chip on thier shoulder please piss off and stop derailing my tread please?
    thanks, now go over there, to the corner, and think about what you have done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by donhughberto
    This is mainly a Utd thread...
    Pardon?

Aye I was really disapointed with Rivaldo last year, after the first few games he did feck all to earn himself a place in the squad, let alone the starting eleven.

And I don't think Kaka is silly enough to ruin his future by acting the arse at Milan. I can't see them putting up with training no-shows or AWOL'ing, he'd be spanked into line or thrown on the junkpile.

There's not a lot of ABU fans here btw, but there are a lot of Anti-Moron supporters. Just so happens that most of the morons seem to be Man U fans, which gives the rest of the decent Man U fans a bad name.

Sorry 'bout the OT spam Seaneh.

/me checks book.

PiE, you're ok in my bok kid.

/me puts dwn book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

The five young hottest properties in football today are Kaka, Diego, Robinho, Cristiano Ronaldo and probably Caveneghi. Adu is supposed to be amazing but the kids literally only a kid you can never tell.

I think with players of the ages 17-20 it's really impossible to predict how they're going to turn out. Rooney looks amazing at 17 as did Owen but you never know with young players. Anyone remember Kevin Davies?

Potential can easily go unfulfilled. Especially if they get kicked one end of a season to another like Robinho and Diego are.

What about Adu? That kids only 14...i remember watching a video about on ESPN website recently...I heard Utd tried signing him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by DapperGent
    Adu is supposed to be amazing but the kids literally only a kid you can never tell.

how the hell did i miss that?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

Brazil are always gong to be producing great talent, every 2 or 3 years you see them. Ronaldinho was that 3 years ago and now look at him. I think that Kaká is probably a little better than Diego but thats just me. This is good buy for Milan because its given them an extra dimension, although the'll probably loan him back anyway.

Advertisement