Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ennis parking €-ripoff

• 17-08-2003 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi,

I know it's been a while since the Euro changeover, but I can't help myself...

Buying 3 hours of parking time in Ennis downtown (Council Parking machines)

Pre-€: 3 hours = 1 IEP (€1.27)
    Post-€: 3 hours=€1.80

:mad:

Butch.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hmmm.

UL parking was a quid before the changeover, 2 euros since.
    (that's an increase from €1.27 to €2 obviously)

... which is why I park in the non-pay carpark where possible.

I wonder what they did in Athlone. Last time I parked there it was 10p or 20p for a few hours in the town council areas (it was only two years ago)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Buying 3 hours of parking time in Ennis downtown (Council Parking machines)

you can find a place to park in ennis? :)

I get at least one ticket a month when i have the car, its either park illegally or cruise around burning €€€s worth of petrol in the vain hope of finding a parking spot after 9:30 am.

in fairness though €1.80 isnt that much for 3 hours parking... compared to multi-storey car parks in other towns in ireland.
    /me shakes fist at Arthurs Quay car park, limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Butch

Originally posted by echomadman
    you can find a place to park in ennis? :)

Yep, it's quite a pain in the arse. My frequent last resort is to pay the extorsive €1.00/hour in the Market car park, or leave the car at home and walk the long mile.

But my bottom line remains the same: The Town Council bucaneers managed to convert 1 IEP into €1.80, and they got away with this.

Out of curiosity: Shouldn't the local government comply with the any Euro changeover code of practice?

Butch.

Advertisement