Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 Nations Tournie In Scotland

Options
  • 01-04-1999 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

The captains of the welsh, english, scottish and irish teams have been asked what levels they want for the tournament in July. Dev reckons we should pick e4m3. I was against it but beast convinced me it's a good idea. We have a pretty good record on e4m3 and plenty of players able to play it well. Any suggestions for other levels?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Nicky

in my opinion a new team should also be picked based on that sort of level, i myself am pretty crap at it, so id say we need a different team. me von and blade discussed this and were all in agreement

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Well, im hoping to bring 8 players over (along with myself and vex if he'll go)
    So we could put a team in dependant on the level.

E4M3 is a good choice as we have a good record on it and it plays more to our style of play here. Besides, we dont have to just accept the levels we are told, who's to say that DM2 is a good level or e1m2 for that matter (I'm just making a point not critisising these levels per se)

Anyway, this is all not my problem. The team players can decide themselves , I just get you guys there.

Dev.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

"I myself am pretty crap at it, "

huh?? wtf? I couldn't imagine any irish team as good on any level without the Beast (or Huge_Insect for the Q2ers).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Yup E4M3 its gonna be
    llama map
    idiot map

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yup, they dont like it and they dont play it much so I say we go for it.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

That's the spirit.

Johnnie Foreigner, he dont like it up him guv'nor!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Is this thing a lan for all or for team ****e? cause i was thiking about going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Scarab

E4M3 is the sort of level that would be cool against uk cause if u got decent spawns u could lock the level down, then again the welsh or someone could do the same against us. Its a pretty simple level with only 4 spawns, same can be said for e2m2 with 6 spawns and you can cover 5 of them. Maybe u should pick e9m10 or some mad level..

We were just joking about e4m3. April fool an all :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

actually it was a good tactic whether or not it was a joke
    just make sure slaan in on the team for that map....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Scotland eh?

I'm there. Deffo this time. Jah.

Zero, (only going because SOMEONE has to bring back all the duty free)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Duty Free will be finished by the time Rapture is on sad.gif
    curse those EU politicans

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

This is like some team.ie in-joke for April 1st. We mere mortals always take what ye say as Gospel.

signed....
    Pinch of Salt smile.gif

Check it out! www.rapture99.com

And we've been asked to play warmups against either the euro or american teams. Yeah I can just imagine the look on threshs face when we tell him we want e4m3.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

What dates it on????

couldn`t find it on the site...

Ro.

The start of July.

Advertisement