Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zelda

Options
  • 17-08-2003 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

just beaten it!!!!

ending was too easy 8(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

well it's about ****ing time...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Originally posted by the_corpo
    ending was too easy 8(

I thought so too :(

Well done all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

now to get back to metroid!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

i just got Zelda today so i suppose im in for the long haul lol, im at the fortress at the mo, after playing it for an hour, i like it, the graphics are very very good, plus i like the bonus pack of the ocarina of time game thrown in as well, 2 for the price of one

going to work now, so will have a bash at it when i come back

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

if your in the forest after an hour, i suspect you will have it finished midday tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    if your in the forest after an hour, i suspect you will have it finished midday tomorrow.

Ah crap your kidding me , i just bought it

Sigh

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    Tiny bit of an exaggeration there..... Anyway he said fortress, not forest! I'd say if you play it for 2 hours a day, it'll take you a couple of weeks at least (depending on how good you are, and whether or not you use FAQs!). The trouble is, its hard to put down once you start.

Anyway, you have ocarina and master quest to look forward to after that (and they take longer).

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

apologies for my error.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

s'ok.... honest mistake! :)

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

The Game was to Easy anyway, the only real thing that makes it longer is Heart pieces and treasure charts. Oh and Sailing u will learn to hate as much as Saddam hussain or Eircom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Got this a while ago still playing it. I thought it was awful at the start because the first dungeon was terrible (fortress) but thankfully I thought it got alot better with the other dungeons. Anyone else find that dungeon completely stupid. The whole stealth thing didn't really work, the AI on the guards was terrible. I'm currently in the Wind Temple just finished that other one with all the mirrors and light ray puzzles.. very satisfying completing them by yourself! As for sailing, yeah its boring but after you get the warp spell it's much handier.

It's fantastic value you get ocarina too, haven't played that before. I played a bit before starting WW but got stuck and couldn't resist going onto WW, it's so much harder. (I'm shamed to admit I was forced to use an FAQ once already for ocarina :( )

I'm nearing the end (I think) of OoT... it's my first time playing the game, and I really can see why its considered one of the best ever.

Tbh, I think Wind Waker was almost too refined or something... with OoT if your stuck for an hour and a half in some dungen your going to be getting pretty pis$ed off - which makes it all the more rewarding when you finally see that patch of ivy to climb up.

With Wind Waker it's just so much fun to play, theres just not the same level of frustration... plus, with the really nifty C-stick controlled camera, your probably going to see the ivy a lot sooner.

Still, there both 'five out of five' games... WW being more fun to play, OoT being more of a challenge.

And WW looks so pretty too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The best games bargain i ever got since I bought MGS and special missions in theb special pack for the price of a budget game. I was going to post an image of the cows from Earthworm Jim 2 for the_corpo but can't find it anywhere :D

Yeah just reread that post yeah tis the fortress im in lol not forest

Calm again

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

the cows!!!

but why!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You obviously didn't play EWJ 2. Every time you finished a level there wa a pic of two cows and then one cow said 'well done'. I nearly shat myself laughing when I saw it first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭meatball

Anyone remember the fishing game from Ocarina?
    I used to play that for hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    You obviously didn't play EWJ 2. Every time you finished a level there wa a pic of two cows and then one cow said 'well done'. I nearly shat myself laughing when I saw it first.

that was one of the funniest bits of any game ever, can you remember level ate? that game rocked

did anyone see the cows inside jabujabu's belly in the master quest? and some say it's not worth playing..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

8 or so hours fo tri force sailing still to come :D

Superb game im playing it again in its finsihed state trying to get the figurines ,just like walking around in the game im sad :(

kdjac

KdjaC dont worry your not the only one who just likes to walk around, I like to pretend im actually a NPC to :(

• Advertisement

KdjaC, I'm doing the same thing :D
    Just sailing about taking photographs and sorting out any wee things I come accross...

...actually, there's this one place, I can't remember the name of the island, but you hookshot up on a tree and then go down the hole... inside theres a stack of blocks, some you can move and some you can't. As far as I can tell, you have to get to the top of the stack (by moving some of the blocks to form steps) and deflect the light thats shining there onto the treasure chest so you can open it...

I've spent ages, and I just can't get to the top :(

..anyone know what I'm talking about? is there a trick or something? Flupin driving me mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Argh this game is addictive, I just managed to pull myself away from it now due to a headache. Have found seven out of eight triforce pieces and have every square on the map explored!

Yeah goodshape I did that just there. I can't remember exactly which way I pulled the blocks around though, and I'm too tired to give a thorough explanation :) I think I let the whole stack fall one block and after that you can move them around one by one so you have just enough room on every block to move the block on the next level. (I'm not making any sense am I? Hey its 4AM :P ) All you get is a lousy silver rupee though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Zelda Ocarina of Time has a special niche in my heart forever. Truly a stunning game.

The fishing game was a LOVELY touch. I remember i had the heaviest fish out of all my mates. Its such a chillout.

I must admit im leaving it a little late to pick up WW. I was under the impression that my mate was gonna lend it to me when he was done.

Tbh i dont think these games are about difficulty. Some of us dont like that try-try again thing. The thing that makes this game so great is that you get immersed in it. I HATE when a game is too challenging. It just gets me pissed off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 RockViper

Was is just me or were the bosses in the WW much too easy to beat? To be honest the only one I had difficulty with was the last one and even then the only bit I found hard there was the deflection bit. The bosses were just too much of a walkover for me.

The Bosses were way to easy ur rite there, but u have to admit they were stunning fights and the bosses were very creative to, i found the 2nd last boss a bugger, trying to aim a light arrow at the feckin Ball was a bugger, but i never died in the game once

who cares if the game wasn't hard, would you prefer another dynamite eddy?

I wouldn't mind another dynamite headdy. Loved the game except for the extreme difficulty and a last boss that was pure luck to beat. However I don't know if I would have the money for replacement joypads for ones I broke out of frustration.

thats what i meant, it was great but far too hard, i only got to the last boss once, i'm pretty sure i never cleared it though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Ewww hard games make Kold cry, and kill puppies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 RockViper

Originally posted by Stormfox1020
    The Bosses were way to easy ur rite there, but u have to admit they were stunning fights and the bosses were very creative to, i found the 2nd last boss a bugger, trying to aim a light arrow at the feckin Ball was a bugger, but i never died in the game once

Yeah you're right the ball on the tail of that snake thing was damn hard to hit. And yes I found the boss battles truely stunning especially the first one where I lost a good chunk of my health just standing there transfixed by the sheer beauty of the graphics! Man just thinking of that huge chamber with all that lovely looking lava and that beast of a boss makes me want to play it again...

....I dearly hope the next Zelda stays with the cell shading.

Advertisement