Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea for the championship ?

• 18-08-2003 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

I know it's very early and tbh i wasn't expecting chelsea to win today, but i was expecting alot more from liverpool.

I read on a thread verons performance being masterfull i think it was described as, i wasn't really impressed by anyone except lampard who always has a solid perfromance anyway.

liverpool were very poor and i think playing like that against most teams at home they'll get done over, reds fans will make claims about the over rated gerrard not being available,

So after today has ayone seen anything that might change their view on who might be crowned champions this year?.

Can chelsea follow in blackburns footsteps and buy a championship ?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

No. I don't think so. I think it was a mediocre Liverpool team today that made them look good. There is still alot for them to do to win it. I think they will be challenging, but they won't win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Chelsea will be third.

Utd first and Arsenal second. Chelsea could sign the world...and it will always be Utd and Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

what game were you lot watching?

Liverpool dominated that game,but simply failed to capitalize on their chances... Chelsea got mightily lucky tbh.

But hell, thats €50 from ladbrokes, thank you very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Chelsea definitely not going to win the championship. ManYoo first, Arsenal second, Pool, Chelsea and Newcastle for 3rd 4th and 5th in any order

In fairness, who from chelsea's starting XI would make united's first XI?

Duff, mabye Geremi. In a year or so when they've gelled I reckon they could be something special.

Until then, cup contenders, league pretenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Liverpool dominated that game,but simply failed to capitalize on their chances
    You can't dominate with 45% of the possesion...
    Liverpool created the more chances but were unable to take them. After L'Pool equalised Chelsea were rocked and panicing but they showed their true class and quickly got it under control when JFH scored the winner.

Liverpool might have had more chances but Chelsea took the ones they got.

• Advertisement

I would love that Glen Johnson guy in my Utd squad. And id love Geremi in there too and Duff. In fact id love most of the chelsea squad in my utd squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

I predicted that chelsea would storm thru the first few games of the season and everyone would be taken away by their big names and stunning gameplay...(didnt tell any1 of course ;) ) but i reckon that they wont sustain it, and will prob fall away around christmas...

Chelsea third. I guarantee it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

even wearing my strongest blue tinted glasses, I can't see CFC getting better than 3rd this season (which would still , imho, be excellent) By this time next year , the team should be in a position to launch a substained attack on the league - beating Liverpool on a sunny Sunday afternoon is brilliant (believe me!!) but the real test is the midweek trips to Charlton or Southampton in the sleet and snow)

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Liverpool looked very poor. They are still playing the long ball game, and they couldn't string more then a few passes together. They would make the champions league again this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by Dampsquid
    Liverpool looked very poor. They are still playing the long ball game, and they couldn't string more then a few passes together. They would make the champions league again this year.
    One good thing is that GH was critical of the number of long balls and said this would be fixed.

Also I am far happier losing 3 points to a team that will finish in the top 5 (Chelsea) than I would be as a Newcastle fan losing 2 points on the opening day to a team who will struggle (Leeds).

As a pool fan, my aim for the season would be 4th and anything else will be a bonus - so not particularly worried just yet. On the same note I don't think that performance from Chelsea would indicate that they will finish any higher than third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Far too premature to suggest that we'll win it, I don't think we will but we'll be challenging qualitiy signings have been made and the team will take at lest 8 or 9 gakes to gel.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Too early to say yet. We will have to wait until they face some of the top teams to get a realistic view of their credentials. By then they may have gelled as a team and be playing better than they did yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

definately top 3 in the leage and i also think they will do really well in the Champions League

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

chelsea will bottle it at some point during the season and go through a terrible patch of results

liverpool need to start playing le tallac or forget about winning the championship

newcastle have two rubbish fullbacks

it will be arsenal and man united again for the premiership

Liverpool need an entirely new system if they are to get close to the prem. Chelsea will definitely be third.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I can't see Chelsea winning it in this season, but they should be there or there abouts next season!!

I'd say United or Arsenal for 1st & 2nd, with Chelsea, Newcastle & Blackburn fighting for 3rd, 4th & 5th

I really can't see Liverpool making it into the top 5 without a radical overhaul of their playing style!!

Advertisement