Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica. Dublin Gig

Options
  • 18-08-2003 2:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm figuring 6.30 or so AM train will to the trick for the old pit pass, but what about anyone else whos going? What time are ya headin in at?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I think all my mates have a bus arranged to leave town at 1 or 2 pm. It should take us two hours to get there (including piss stops etc.)

The bus is the best fun of the lot though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Well, we're getting the bus from here at about 12 so we'll probably be there by 2-2.30. Might head to the pub if SyxPak decides on one. (I think it's SyxPAk anyways......)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I shall be there for when the gates open as I want to get close to the top as possible but not to far from the bar.. I sense a dilemma!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

what time do the gates open? More importantly, how easily shall the appropriation of beer be and when are Metallica on stage (and the Darkness too)??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Gates open at 3. I'd imagine The Darkness are on stage at 4 for about an hour. Linkin Park are probably on from 6 til 7-7.30 and Metallica from about 8.30 til 11 or 11.30. That's just guessing though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

The addition of The Darkness is welcome news , having listened to some of there stuff lately I relish the opportunity to see them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Wow, I expected alot more people to be showing up fairly early.
    I'm getting the 7.42 train. A bit over the top I suppose.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thanks to college work experience the best I can get off is a half day. I'll be there for the gates opening but only a miracle will get me into the pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

The official timetable is as follows:

Darkness: 5-5.30pm
    Linkin Park: 6-7.30pm
    Metallica: 8.15-10.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Well, I'm just back from it and though things looked bleak at times, I got me a pit pass and had a great time. Also they played the live recording on 2fm on the way home; very nice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Very good concert indeed. I thought the pyro for the intro to One was brilliant, I really liked that which I don't normally do. The song that went down best I thought was Blackened. Fooking brilliant song. Only home now after a tour of Dublin (we sent the bus driver all over the place) and a detour around Dunshaughlan which was not nice at all. All in all it was a good night. To top it all off I met an old flame in the pit, which was damn cool! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i walked in to the concert expecting a great metallica gig and i wasn't dissapointed. and to top the evening off I was handed 4-5 pit pases when I walked in, just out of the blue so i was able to treat myself, tomtom, amz, seamus and seamus's friend to some hardk0re 13 yaer old bouncy action.
    muchos thankos to who it was who helped me get the passes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

oh my god , it was excellent, i got sooo slaughtered in the pit , i had never been to any concert before an we were standing in the middle for thre darkness , next thing i was on the ground , jesus christ man!but i was so near to linkin park , i dont even like em but i was so speechless til i got hit by a bottle and ended up in this ring where guys shoulder you , i was **** scared , really freakin i was near the back for metallica but my god when they came out i was so close to tears i couldnt talk until the middle of master of puppets , what a play list tho!!it was so amazing , just my god excellemt.i was disappouinted with the set up of how the tags were given out tho , holy **** the bouncers were asking people for money like , i was so lucky to get it , BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Yeah, i was in that ring too. Great fun (I'm big and tall)
    I don't see why they didn't just give out the pit passes as they were first checking your tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭MrBigglesworth

I queued from freakin' 1030 to get a pit pass. The queue was scarily long even then but I had no probs getting a pass and it was well worth it. The Darkness were great, not a fan of 'Park and Metallica were absolutely fantastic.

The night before I was in a bar opposite the RDS and James Hetfield walked in with a massive bloke, me and me mates were just agog and didn't even shout a hello(and several dozen footie goers were between us). They were gone within a minute looking for some grub. Doh!

Advertisement