Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ik+

Options
  • 18-08-2003 11:05am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭

For anyone that wants to relive their 8-bit home computer days, I was in town yesterday and saw that IK+ is available for PS1 and GBA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Spent most of my pocket money on that in the arcade (Well, the snooker hall in Crumlin) when i was a kid. Great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

IK+ was on the C64 and Amiga... don't think it was in the arcade....

- Dave.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Yeah i've played the GBA version on VBA and it's identical to the amiga version as far as I can see.
    ikgba1.JPG

ikgba2.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Originally posted by TmB
    IK+ was on the C64 and Amiga... don't think it was in the arcade....

- Dave.

Sure was, it was right beside the Popeye cabinet.

*edit* hold on, maybe it was just called International Karate in the arcade? Think it was only 2 player and i remember fighting on logs and having to do trials after the fights like breaking wood etc... Confuddled now..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

But can you make their trousers fall down in the new version? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Crunch

think breaking wood with your forehead was an earlier version.
    anyway, that game was the best fightinggame I ever played. Go home Tekken :D

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

I had that on the Amiga, what a great game back in the day. I must dig it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Bloody hell, I found my old Amiga disk and played this just last week. Still a fantastic game. and OMG TEH TRUOSERZ TEY FALL DWN! It's a great tactic to flying kick them in the face while they're standing there pantsless...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by mbroaders
    *edit* hold on, maybe it was just called International Karate in the arcade? Think it was only 2 player and i remember fighting on logs and having to do trials after the fights like breaking wood etc... Confuddled now..
    Karate Champ, perhaps?

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Retr0Gaymer

What about the ultimate martial arts simulator for ps1? I saw it in game and noticed the graphics were similar to this game.

It was around 30 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I really wish they'd consider making a remake in some form or another. This game is a classic. Possibly the best fighter on the amiga, next to budoken.

The controls were so unique, and the challenges beetween fights..with the shield and balls was brilliant. :)

Anyone with a GBA..dont let the oldskool graphics but you off..this ones a keeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

All the sounds were nicked from Bruce Lee films. Do a headbutt, or punch someone in the stomach. Those are from Enter The Dragon.

Anyway, a remake would surely spoil the charm. Best to leave it to emulators. And people who took care of their Amigas.;)

Advertisement