Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

severe dislikes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Originally posted by Havelock
    Man U babe: Is it true, is there some one who see's throught the evil ploys of Sony and Microsoft, that the only good console is a nintendo one. Excellent, everthing is now falling into place. Anyway good taste there lassie (as in Scotish for girl, not dog. Realised offence may have been taken)

Fukin right!
    fear meh mighty gamecube!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

seeing as how i'm one of those annoyingly upbeat people, i'm gonna post some of my likes. cos i like stuff.

my house. my view when i look out my house. my room. the family.
    all me friends. cos they're cool.
    all me ctyi friends. cos they're leg...
    my conn. cos he's rock.
    babies.
    small children in general.
    looking after people. cos i'm a mammy.
    hugs.
    snuggles.
    muffins.
    being loud.
    laughing and smiling.
    dancing like a nutter.
    rain. drizzle.
    sunshine.
    my phone. gotta love my phone.
    talking.
    giggling in a conspiring way.
    singing. at the top of my voice. all the time. cos in cavan, no-one can hear you scream.
    yer oul wan...las noigh...an she liked it. <<<< them jokes.
    david walsh's "Eh...No."
    talented people.
    feeling secure.
    myself. feck teen angst. I Like Me. if i wasn't me, i'd be my friend. go me. i like that i'm a bit off.
    when people give me tips.
    when people give me tips even though i couldn't look after them properly cos i had 15 frickin tables and i'm only human.
    explaining stuff to foreigners at work.
    bitchin bout ****e people. cos they're ****e like.
    knowing i'm right.
    shoving the aforementioned into ****e people's faces.
    rollerblading badly.
    violent games in general.
    quake.
    quake 2.
    doom. old games where i get to shoot things dead in general. and resident evil.
    damien rice. the frames. the stereophonics. the chillis. the furries. JT. cos he's the ****. anything i can dance to. radiohead. mark geary. faithless. The Dark is Rising by Mercury Rev. JEFFREY LEWIS. a bit of the D. josh ritter. cos he's class. loads more bands and musicy guys but they're the cds in front of me. so yeah, them.

Jerome. gotta love jerome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Why is this still running? Damn, i've got to come up with better topics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

Because people keep posting in here, i mean, wtf? stop posting! oh no i'm posting#1
    oh no i'm in dublin i've been awake for over 24 hours i'm in a subway/internet cafe, kind of confused, couldnt figure out how the damn things work and now i'm hoping that hugh shows up otherwise i'm buggered. but on the plus side...
    Meat ball footlong! bitching!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Originally posted by purplepolkadot
    quake 2.

+100 on the opinion of taste scale

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

Yeah, but personally I don't think quake 2 cuts it after it's predecessor. Of course, it would be damn hard to succeed a game with classic lines such as "Plasticman discharges into the water" or "N0smo accepts Plasticman's discharge". Pure genius. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭stevanavich

"stevanavich rips plastic to shreads with his gigantic green load"

god bless the snot gun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I severely dislike a lot of the people in my year. I've been back at school one day and I'm already dreading spending the next year with them. Fine, there are some alright people, but there are a lot of poseurs and complete b******. And some are just plain annoying. A lot of people I liked in first year have changed quite a bit and now I can't stand them. Why am I using this thread to bitch? Because that's what this thread is for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭T "real deal" J

emmmmmm

What is the story with all you C.T.Y.I. people. Seems to me you're all boring losers. When I did C.T.Y.I. in the late 90's it was actually cool. Cool people with cool interests. not like that now. You all seem to be boring goths/stakers/metallica fans/whatever. Get a life + stop moaning. A forum on DISLIKES. Wow how sad is that. THe real C.T.Y.I. ended in 2000.

TJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

don't make such idiotic generalizations.
    i know what you mean, but there are quite a few amazing people here. so stop bitching about people bitching. its hypocritical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I agree with Hannah, plus, we're teenagers, can you expect more of us than bitching, whining and moaning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭malecO

I don't know what you're talking about. Some of the soundest people I've ever met are from CTYI so most of the CTYIers are still "cool people with cool interests".
    Oh, and btw yes I am a metallica fan but certainly not a stalker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

TJ CTYI must have been pretty crap in 200 if everyone was like you! If this forum is so sad what are you doing here? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I don't suppose you'd happen to be this TJ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Barry, listen to ppl, that little pr!ck only started in '02, i know he was my roommate. little b*stard

Started in '02???????? What is your name you decrepid monkey loving sausage jockey. As far as i remember my roomates were sound. Clearly not you. (.ie Dave Slattery, Eoin Ansbro, Brian Kelly and the likes). And hmmmmmmm making a point is hypocritical. Not really. I finished in 2000. And anyone I know that did 2001 and 2002 said it was ****. Claiming that I'm that weiner's roomate, now that's strange.

btw Metallica are truly AWful. The "Frantic" video utterly confirmed my view. Their new album is unbelievably bad. They seem to be getting progressively worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

This fellow seems to have some issues with himself, CTYI and metallica.. Maybe we should leave them alone with each other.. Metallicas new album IS bollocks, but why tell us here?

And as for your views on CTYI, how can you judge the years you ain't been to? I have experienced the nevermore blues, but MY GOD I wouldn't think they'd last 3 years. Get some help

I wasn't talking about you, i was talking about a different tj, see barry's link. He started in '02 was a pr!ck, and my roommate, i dont actually know you, so i wont judge you.

Sorry if you got the wrong idea

It's quite ok. I can't believe there was another TJ. shocking!

• Advertisement

Yup, Thomas Junior Miley

discrete maths/exper bio '02

Engineering '03

Annoying little pr!ck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Cait

I think I remember you TJ. I was there session 2 '99 and session 1 '00

Well that's good. It must stated that Brefnie was easily the <<person i love to say nice things about. shup and cop on. - Neil>>

Hey, I had breifne in '01, he was alright, very easy to work with as pop tarts could buy you ANYTHING!

He also showed us how to stop the canteen carousel on the first day

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

he did aonghus? don't remember that. he was always lookn for food. never minded the use of laptop til......2-3?
    sound enuff guy, cept for those late nite 'RA' meetings.

D y' not remember alim? 'twas right after the first meal in the canteen he said "Hey lads, want to see something cool?"

Then he walked over to the carousel, stuck his hand over the panel for a few seconds, then just walked back to the table and sat down. Then richard kept leaving cups, napkins, etc. on de panel.
    Then he found out and told us to stay back after the ra meeting.

As usual he was 1st out when the meeting ended

He was great, not as good as rory, but better than steven

Originally posted by Jaffer
    Then he walked over to the carousel, stuck his hand over the panel for a few seconds, then just walked back to the table and sat down. Then richard kept leaving cups, napkins, etc. on de panel.
    Adam did the same in S2 2001. Damn he was a cool RA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Alaronshannara

Ok, here's what I hate. Here we go now. Ahem.

First and foremost, I would like to inform those reading this that I bear no grudge against americans on an individual basis, but I abhorr their government not just the current one, but the system. So please don't take exception to this if you are American, I'm not racist.

-Since I started on this: The American Government. I can't stand the way they put themselves up on a pedastal and call themselves the "Leaders of the Free World". Well, I'm god. Nuke that, suckers.

-"The War on Terror". I mention this circumstantially. In 20 years it probably won't bother me as much, but I believe their punch up session on the middle east is just to distract the American public from the fact that they failed miserably to catch Osama. And for crying out loud, either admit that you're there for the oil or get the hell out.

-I must agree on the Church thing; I hate the Catholic church. I can't say I know enough about the other ones to pass judgement, but being raised a Catholic I know enough to condemn the Catholic church to it's own hell. Unacclimatisable torture to the lot of them. I hate them for destroying so many 'Heathens', (Nearly wiping out the Wiccans, then called witches) and for lording it over the world. (Addressing the Church) And give the Vatican back to Italy, it represents the deal ye made with Mussolini.

And now for some less political hates:
    -Being asked to do menial and pointless jobs by people when I'm clearly busy or enjoying myself.
    -Being asked for reasons for my Vegitarianism. If you thought about your food from an objective perspective for a bit, you'd be one too.*
    -'isms'
    -Being asked about my beliefs when they come up incidentally during a conversation. I love talking theology, but when I actually answer their question I know that most of the people I'm talking to are wishing they'd never asked only seconds into it.
    -People obsessed with their own cognitive faculties. Especially when they're at CTYI. The rest of us are smart too! Arg. Can ye believe there was a guy called Cian at last year's CTYI (2003) that actually tried to convince us he had written the code for GPRS? uh-huh, right. We went along with it, because he'd brought his entire dolby system with him to show off his tech to everyone (defined by his possessions), and I'd just bought the 'Contact' DVD.
    -Homophobia. And on top of that, people assuming that I'm gay when I mention I hate Homophobia. I'm allowed stick up for people when they're being slanted behind their backs without being one of them. And what if I were? Hmph.
    -Abustive or authoritarian parents. Parents who give their children no choices in their lives. The fact that kids are brainwashed into religions without being allowed to learn about them all and choose for themselves** (It'd mean more to them that way!). On the flipside, parents who do not reign their kids in and ensure that they learn to be tolerant and to respect others. I have horrible cousins who consider the world at large to be their personal servant. Ahhh. I usually lock myself in my room when they visit.

BTW, I'm not actually addressing you people. That's me simulating a one way conversation with the people in question (Bush/Blair, Pope, stuck up kids etc.)
    Sorry for the long post, but I don't post often. I may as well do a good job. :D

Goodnight, Eden.

*Actually I think most people can't actually be objective about what they eat. Actually cannot, even when they try. You have to stop eating meat before you can think about it. I think. I think everyone should give up for around 3/4 months as a trial, and then go back if not satisfied. Anyway..
    **They'd probably all end up being vegitarian buddhists or wiccans.

hmmmmm Adam was a great R.A. A true dosser + a whizz with computers. Looking out for us especially when Brefnie wouldn't get off my back. Who is this Neil??? The fact that Brefnie ate all of Rob's food isn't me being malicious. Pretty sad to intervene I think.

Is Daniel Frazier Zane Lowe's twin brother?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by T "real deal" J
    hmmmmm Adam was a great R.A. A true dosser + a whizz with computers.
    Quite true. Adam = Best RA EVAR!

Advertisement