Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair flights

Options
  • 18-08-2003 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭

I managed to get some one way flights with Ryanair very cheap, but need to book some more. Thing is that the flights are now a lot more expensive, and i want to fly in September (mid). Should i book now at the current price, is it better to book at the last minute?

Any advice would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

The very cheap seats are first come first served (i believe). Thats the 50cent ones.

Im not sure how they calculate the rest but im assuming its the more demand for the flight, the more expensive it is. I doubt it will drop in price, if nething it will rise*.

*As long as my supply and demand argument holds water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Generally speaking, the earlier the better...but it doesnt always seem to be the case from what i can see....

I was going to book a flight to charleroi about a month ago but put it on the long finger...booked it last night for about €15 less.

However, i think the safer bet is to book early..if u go to their site and try and book any flight that is leaving in the next ten days...as opposed to after that, the price will probably be 200% more...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The more seats that are booked, the higher the prices rise.

Ryanair generally don't reduce the price of seats at the last minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jimhenson

Your right Ryanair gets more expensive the closer you get to the flight date. On Friday i went to the Ryanair website to get a ticket for Bermingham for this thursday It was 120 euro but they dont take amex cards so I borrowed my brothers visa and tried to book today and the price was over 350euro...

Anyway Aer Lingus was much cheaper booking today..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

Thanks a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

all the cheap seats are sold off first
    if the seats are not selling fast enough, then they will be included in a special offer nearer to the departure date, but this is generally only for the less popular routes. to get the heads up on this, subscribe to their mailing list, which from time to time also sends details of "member only" special offers

to get an idea of which routes are the least popular, have a look at thier website; on the first page it will list the best offers, *usually* from stanstead to some of the french cities

Advertisement