Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a kitten

Options
  • 18-08-2003 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

Hey Everyone.
    I found a kitten the other day in my back garden and have been trying to look after it but all it does is cry. I'm not a cat person and I have a yorkshire terrier so the chances of keeping the kitten are slim. What should I do to look after it first of all and to find it a new home.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

First of all how young is the kitten, if it is young then it is a24hour job, you said your not acat person so I think you would be better off to give it to a shelter or find someone to look after it. You have a dog so s/he could get jealous or turn freakishly broody so you might end up with one confused cat!. Take it to the vet to see if it is healthy and to get advice on caring for it if you choose to. You said you found it in your garden are there feral cats in your area?, it might have been abandoned or just left there for a while by parent, or lobbed over the wall(it happens).
    The mortality rate for young, lost kittens with out its parent is not good, so dont be surprised:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

any idea how old it is?
    Is it still stumbly on its feet or does it walk assuredly? and how big is it. Also, is it a male or female do u think?

If it is very very young, this is a VERY difficult job, 24/7, and cannot be left unsupervised for one moment. Which is probably why it is crying so much.
    Also, what are you feeding him / her? and how often, they need little and often, at body temp, (2 degrees warmer than human)....

If it is too much for you, Please do not do anything rash, I will take over if u need, I have two allready, including a very broody female so it wouldnt be a big deal for me, plus iv done it b4 lol so i know how big a job it is ;)

B

Advertisement