Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting into the pit at Slane

• 18-08-2003 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

OK, I'd intended to book a B & B for Slane on the Firday night before the gig so as to be one of the first through the gates and be sure of getting a wristband for the pit. Like an idiot though I left it too late and there's no accommodation left.

Apparently the gates open at 11 and the first bus leaves Dublin at 10. If I'm on the first bus out what do you think are my chances of getting a pit band ? Any advice / recommendations / experiences ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

If i were u i would get an early bus to drogheda first(bus eireann) and then try and get a bus from drogheda to slane. U should beat all the other buses there. try ringing the biddies in drogheda bus station and find out bus times from drogheda to slane on saturday. try www.buseireann.ie for times of buses from dub-drogheda.

wish i would be up early enuf to get a wristband but i doubt it.

opps forgot to mention that u could also trying getting a commuter train from dublin to drogheda...check out www.irishrail.ie for times on saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 The Preacher

Hmmmm, not a bad idea - cheers.

Anyone else ?

Just found this out:

Bus from Drogheda Station:
    dep: drogheda 10.05am
    arr: slane 10:39

Might even grab this one meself, would love to get a pit wristband.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kanurocks

dude i was queing from half seven at the north gate.and the saps let the south gate in half an hour early people that showed up at 11 o clock got pit passes and i got nought .ass*oles it made me so mad.and even worse i sprinted the 1 and a half mile stretch from gate to pit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

yeh that happened to us too.
    we were all so mad about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 The Preacher

How do you mean north gate / south gate ? I ended up going down the night before and camping out...at 7 the next morning I headed down past the main gate ( the actual entrance to the CAstle ) and walked to the next gate. We got in on the dot of 11 a.m. and I got a pass without too much hassle ( well after a mad sprint down the hill which left me breathless for about a half hour afterwards....I really have to quit smoking :rolleyes: ).

It was all worth it though, even though I caught a rotten cold from sleeping out on the Friday night ( dunno why, I had a sleeping bag and was fully clothed ). The pit rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Thats a disgrace, opening one gate and not the other, these are the kind of things that start riots, it sounds very unfair, i would have been raging mad if i queued from 7:30 in the morning. I hope you have lodged a complaint so it won't happen next time.

Advertisement