Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dropped Connection

• 18-08-2003 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hey i have win 2000 and use a 56k dial up connection (oceanfree.net)

i can connect to the net not a bother but for some reason after about four minutes my connection becomes really slow and drops i use a firewall as well.. please help everthing seems ok.. it does the same when i use utvip and iol..

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I have noticed that my dial up service has become very poor since all the ISPs changed their numbers. I dont know what changes took place in the background, it may be coincidence. Last night I took a few attempts to connect to Eircom and when I did it was only at 19,200 bps.. I then tried IOL and got connected first time at 44,000 bps, but the connection dropped within 5 mins, 4 times in a row. I eventually got fully up and going after 30 mins.

This never happened before all the ISPs changed dial up numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

On the all seeing eye ive seen the pings increase as well, when i first signed up all my pings were between 120 to 140 and on a good day i could get down as far as 90, not anymore i have pings in the 200's and its increasing, dunno whats going on. also ifind my self connecting more and more at 33600 and not my normal 42 to 44 bps.

I suppose its just down to more people signing up for it

regards

Shin

im on anytime by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am guessing it is because they now have one number. Maybe in the past, the different number for each area code could accept 200 calls each, while now, the one central number can maybe accept 2000 calls. Guess though.

Advertisement