Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deary me - DSL takeup would appear NOT to be abysmal elsewhere ...

Options
  • 18-08-2003 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭

Well well ....

from The Register

Worldwide demand for DSL equipment is growing, strongly buoyed by take-up in Europe and China.

But as demand increases the cost of kit is coming down.

<SNIP>

Gartner also said that Europe showed "robust growth" with the major incumbent telcos pressing ahead with the roll-out of broadband.

SO!!!! Phil & Bill ....

Would either of you care to explain that one away in your next we-swear-we're-telling-the-truth PR articles?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

yes but in these countries they probably have competitive telecoms markets where telcos have to provide reliable services with good customer support

unlike here were getting dsl can blow away your phone line and then you have to spend hours every day playing gob****e tennis on the phone with various "service representatives" who seem to have a hard time understanding the difference between a) dsl from a third party (UTVip) not functioning and b) the phone line (rented from Eircom) not functioning. Oh and by the way we'll fix the line if and when we feel like it. (is eircom trying to sabotage UTV? its beginning to look like that to me)

I doubt that people in countries where DSL takeup is not abysmal have put up with crap like that

Advertisement