Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well done GAME - you've done it again!!!!

Options
  • 06-04-1999 1:49pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Yet again a big game is released on the friday and is number one in GAME's stores by the end of the weekend. Come on GAME you're foolin' nobody with this terrible attempt to make the sales match your outlay. Any employees of GAME reading this. I'm getting tired of walking into GAME on a monday and in every case it's a new number one. Just happens to be the highest profile release from the previous friday.

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Which game was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Venom ! your alive. I thought you'd gone blind or somefing after getting those codes wink.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Twas CM3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

ehhh not to burst your bubble musician but it actually sold a HUGE amount of copies on the first day of its release.. the store i used to work in .. Dixons Liffey Valley **** all ppl ever in there.. sold something like 34 copies in one day..
    we'd be lucky to move 34 total software titles in a day.
    i mean what sort of ppl bought it anyway? what a really terrible game smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Kali (edited 06-04-99).]

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Funny you should say that - I'm a big fan smile.gif
    But I just can't believe this happens as often as GAME would have us believe.

M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

well there is a bit of guesswork goes on..
    basically if theppl in charge of ordering games reckon a certain title will shift loads of copies they order in loads..
    and its then their responsibility to get rid of them smile.gif
    say commandos for example.. a lot of stores had ordered hundreds of copies, very few sold. but it was still top of the charts for at least three weeks.
    all down to merchandising usually.
    but not in the case of CM3 which i was solely refering to smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Game in Grafton st. has a drainage problem. Theres always this funny smell in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Nah, it's the McD's in the same block.

Teeth.

Advertisement