Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Max Payne 2 screens

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I that Jullianne Moore in the fourth pic?! :D

It all looks pretty damn cool, the game probably isn't going to break any new boundaries, but if its half as fun as the original was, it'll be a worthy distraction for a while. A better plot this time might though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

looks the same with hi-res textures and slightly better weapon models.

Character models seem much the same and as angular as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    I that Jullianne Moore in the fourth pic?! :D
    No it's Courtney Cox!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Will you two quit your childish banter over who it is thats in the 4th picture. I mean for christ sake it's obviously Jamie Lee Curtis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

Cool! Hope it's as much fun as the first was :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yes the first one was like smacking yourself in the groin with a snooker ball :) (thats left me well open to countless slagging and no, i haven't tried it). It was fun at first and then became a painfully repetitive experience.

This is game is one that I definitely won't regret not getting no matter who good people tell me it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I thought the first one was brilliant (apart from the very short length), so I'm looking forward to this.

1. When is it out?
    2. Will it take more than 8 hours to finish?

- Dave.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game is the same lenght as the first game. Publishers will probably come out with some crap like 'twice as big as max payne 1!!!'. The levels in max payne 1 were very big but because of the nature of the game which was very fast paced you did fly through them. Thankfully it was mercfully short for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I liked the first game, Thought the stuff where your finding your dead wife and child, and running through the reaccuring dreams where freakely cool. Thought the gameplay was better than enter the martix, nothing like jumping into a room on slowmo, shooting everyone then letting go and watching them all drop to the floor! that slowmo stuff wouldn't even be in the matrix game had max payne not paved the way, a very origonal gameplay idea, I'm eager to see what else they come up with in MP2, more of those cool funny comicy cut scemes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I for one shall be buying XIII before I even look at this thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by TmB
    1. When is it out?

- Dave.
    "coming fall 2003"
    according to http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne2/

you never know, its not like remedy & 3drealms have been up to anything else for the last couple of years...

I for one shall be buying XIII before I even look at this thing.

Couldn't have put it better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'm waiting for XIII myself but the game i'm really waiting for is the new turtles game for the xbox.

Looks **** cool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by SyxPak
    looks the same with hi-res textures and slightly better weapon models.

yeah that pretty much what i thought to. Max Payne looks well different too. Like his face and stuff doesn't really resemble what he looked like in the last one. He looks like and old man in this one. Looks ok though, might get it if its not to expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Looking forward to its release.
    Loved the first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne2/

loads of new stuff has been added here...
    should be a trailer coming soon too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Max Payne looks well different too.
    Yeah whats up with that the guy in the graphic novel cutscene things worked well i thought-although how long is it set after the first he may have aged a bit.Looks pretty good on the whole loved the first game cant wait for this one!

He looks different because after the first game he took a course of laxatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

HAhahah...ohgod.They could have kept him at least similar to the guy in the cutscenes from the first game.Well hopefully it should be good a better story wouldnt go amiss though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Its a good thing your gettin a new card, that MX you have would fall flat on its face trying to run this game, By the look of it.

He looks different because after the first game he took a course of laxatives.

Of course...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Angular? It's looks more roundy than the first, let's give it that.

Advertisement