Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Cough* Who's Joining Me?

Options
  • 19-08-2003 6:12am
    Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭

Well. Thats that.

I'll be repeating 6th year, any takers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭selling_irish

You want bad? My brother just repeated 6th year, got 560 points, wants medicine, but it's gone up 20 points to 570.

I am not looking forward to breaking this news to him. He has his accomodation organised and everything.

THE SYSTEM SUCKS ASS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by selling_irish
    You want bad? My brother just repeated 6th year, got 560 points, wants medicine, but it's gone up 20 points to 570.

I am not looking forward to breaking this news to him. He has his accomodation organised and everything.

THE SYSTEM SUCKS ASS!

i know what you mean. A very good friend of mine wants to do medicine and he got 570 but the little * beside it means not everyone with 570 gets in...gonna have to wait till later to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Originally posted by selling_irish

jeez thats a sickener....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Xerxes

Repeating is not as bad as people think it is.I got 305 last year and went up 140 points on that this year.You feel like crap in August.The first month is hard because all your friends are all off doing their own thing and moving on with their lives but you get over it.I had a great laugh this year, didn't feel any pressure and you know what to expect at exam time.You don't even have to do Irish,English,Maths, French/German if you don't want to.Think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

I'll be joinin ya CuLT :P kinda pissed at myself for wasting 2 years ah sure what can ya do :P. good luck all :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Agent7249

I was gonna repat but thank god I had LIT on my list for diploma's now im gonna do that and continue on for my degree afterwords :D . only dif is im in LIT not Ul :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

I am also repeating i got 320 points and its not good n uff for any of the degree courses i applied for. Hope to get 100 more next year. It wont be so bad cos two of my mates are also repeating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by Xerxes
    You don't even have to do Irish,English,Maths, French/German if you don't want to.Think about it.
    More people should know about this

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I'm enjoying repeating.

I know it sounds crazy, but hear me out.

I am much more focused, have higer goals, subjects I enjoy, teachers that teach and notes that are sueful and comprehensive.

I feel so much better doing it this year than I did last year, I WANT to do well, I MUST do well. I'm driven and I don't think anything else had made me more comfortable.

I have very little free time, my computer screen is out of my room 5 1/2 days a week.

The worst thing in my life at the moment is my dad who NON ****ING STOP pesters me about being on the computer in my precious-little free time on Saturday. (I have no money, otherwise I would actually spend my free time with my friends in college :/ )

But I get over it. :) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

pld CuLT.

repeating 6 (7 maybe?) subjects I take it?

stick with it and gl :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Trebor

am repeating myself, big difference though is that i did the LC for the first time 5 years ago.

tried to go to collage other ways but have found out need honors maths :(

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Thanks Kaimera :) .

I'm repeating 7 subjects, 6 honours and pass math.

The best thing about repeating is being able to drop your weak ordinary level subjects.

I got rid of Irish & French. Got rid of honours Physics too, only just passed it, literally, I got 160 marks, exactly 40% :p .

Good man Trebor, don't feel weird about it either, theres a couple of 40ish year olds in some of my classes :eek: .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Best of luck Cult btw, Im sure you'll do great.

You're not missing anything here in college...........

I cant believe I just lied to his face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Trebor

Originally posted by CuLT
    Good man Trebor, don't feel weird about it either, theres a couple of 40ish year olds in some of my classes :eek: .

will see you on tesday in classical studies :D

am in the institute aswell.

doing Math, applied maths, english, economics, classical studies, art, phyics. all honors ( couldn't fit pass english into my time table so have to do higher)

Advertisement